Need Amp Help

Username: Johnjd987

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, Im new here but need some help.

So I have two kicker 12" L7s hooked to a ZX1500.1 amp, this set up worked for about three months, then suddenly my amp stopped working. It just wont come on. Unless, you talk the power cord out of the amp and plug it back in, then it works for about 10 minutes and shuts back off.

Ive tried an assortment of things, from replacing my alternator to moving the ground, but nothing seems to help. I would just like to know what you guys think i could/should do.

Username: Driller

South Arkansas, Arkansas

Post Number: 2
Sorry dude, it sounds as if your amp has experienced catastrophic internal failure that in turn alerted the protection circuitry to disconnect the main power supplies. Kicker can easily repair the unit, and quickly return it like new. What ohm load is the amplifier presented with? An amp of this power requires a wide birth to cool properly, so ensure adequate space is given around the chasis, when it returns from Stillwater, OK that is.

Username: Driller

South Arkansas, Arkansas

Post Number: 3
Sorry dude, it sounds as if your amp has experienced catastrophic internal failure that in turn alerted the protection circuitry to disconnect the main power supplies. Kicker can easily repair the unit, and quickly return it like new. What ohm load is the amplifier presented with? An amp of this power requires a wide birth to cool properly, so ensure adequate space is given around the chasis, when it returns from Stillwater, OK that is.

Bronze Member
Username: Tuloud

Post Number: 14
Hello very sorry for stealing a thread but cant seem to create my own.

My friend has an autotek amp that powers on when his car is off. Can someone give me an idea what could be making this happen?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us