Which way should I face the subs in my Truck?

Anonymous
I have a regular cab F-150, The subs are two 12" Type R's.

Anonymous
face them to the back so that the bass can bounce off of the truck wall. The ecoustics will sound much better this way

Username: Ken

Post Number: 2
put them so the're facing your seat, my brother in law has a 91 f-150 with 2 jbl 10s and that was the best sounding way

Username: Daniel_s

Post Number: 8
yah, if the box is a truck sealed enclosure then its designed to face the seats but it would sound better if you face the wall so the sound can "bounce" but if you have a truck sealed enclosure then its designed to face the seat for a reason...maybe to save space?

Username: Ken

Post Number: 4
you have to remember that most truck boxes are sealed and are made to face the seat also if you play it against the back of the cab the subs will be playing on a hard surface where if you play them into the seat there will not be as much resistance against the surround of the speaker

Username: Redskin

Post Number: 20
I remember a fad in the uk at one point where spl competitors would remove all the seat upholstery as it absorbed the sound, also firing the sub at a hard surface from a close distance can reinforce the bass response. Just a thought.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us