Help choosing an amp...and other stuff

Username: Unprofessional

Michigan

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm building my first system, and while I admitidly don't know a ton about car audio, I want to do it right. It's not going to be for competitions or anything, and I'm trying to keep the price down as much as reasonibly possible (this is looking like it's going to take a month or so's pay).

Here's what I'm looking to get, thus far:
Receiver: Pioneer DEH-P8500MP
Front Speakers: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
Rear Speakers: Infinity Kappa 572.5cf (5" x 7")
Sub: JL Audio 10W7

First off, I'd like to know what you guys think of it. Is there anything you would change? Secondly, I have absolutely no idea when it comes to amps, so I was hoping somebody would be able to give me some suggestions, and if they know the cheapest place to get the amp.
Third, what are your thoughts on kick panel enclosures? Are they worth the money? They seem a bit expensive...
Last, do you have any suggestions for me? The most I've done with car audio before is just installing a CD player and some cheap aftermarket speakers.

Thanks for all your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 503
The speakers and sub are great, but I'd reconsider running 5x7 rears, though, run midbasses or nothing at all for the best sound quality. If you're talking about the prefabbed Q-Logic kick enclosures, they're designed for 5 1/4" speakers mainly, very few 6.5" components will fit. They sound good *IF* you make sure to sound deaden the inside of them. They have good imaging, but the plastic they're made out of resonates if you don't dampen them. What's your budget for amps?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 121
Jon You got good ideas but if I was you and the way your budget sounds I wouldn't get that W7. They sound great don't get me wrong but they aren't worth that much money in my opinion. I would go for 2 Kicker CompVRs 10s And a JBL600.1 amp. You could get those subs and the amp for about the same price you will pay for that ONE sub. Here is a site for you to check out they have GREAT prices. Good Luck with your new system.

www.acaraudio.com

Oh yeah and you can find the JBL amp here.

www.sounddomain.com

Michigan

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help, guys.

I'd like to shoot for under $350 for the speaker amp...near $300 would be excellent.

Thanks for the thoughts on the W7.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 277
I agree with JayJ, a W7 is very good but for the price its not going to do much to help the system. Plus there expensive.

Michigan

Post Number: 3
I just got laid off.

Guess I'll have to hold off on the new system. :-(

Thanks for all your guy's help, anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us