RCA quality- Myth?

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 373
After looking through a home audio magazine I get from "audio adviser", I stumbled across a page with RCA cables being sold for 1,138 dollars a meter made by Cardas. Now of course, no one I know would buy this for their audio system, but even prices of 40$ a meter seem steep to me. These pricy RCA cables were being sold for home audio, but even in car audio there is a large margin of price.

Currently I am running two relatively inexpensive RCA cables in my car right now ($5-8), I am curious to know if the quality of an RCA cable does actually make a comparable difference, and if so, where do you draw the line of RCA quality/price?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3107
I use RCA's that are quadruple shielded and twisted. to minimize interference. Whether or not it really matters is somewhat debatable. I have gotten rid of noises by improving the RCA's, but I probably could have accomplished the same result by isolating the power wires.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 171
I switched from RCA's that came with a walmart amp kit to knu ones(the $5 one) and it made a great difference. If i end up running 3 RCA cables I might get better ones, but for now these get the job done perfectly.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20352
Yes it makes a difference but in car audio it won't make sense to spend gobs and gobs of $$ on cables when there are so many variables involved. In home audio audioholics will swear by their expensive RCAs and speaker wire. Home audio and car audio are different animals. The drivers are different, the amplifiers are different and the environment is different. The sensitivity of a quality home audio system will welcome top quality cables far greater than car audio components. Leave the $1000 cables for those spending $3000 on their receivers. If you spend more on your cables than you do your equipment then someone needs to take you out to the shed.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Only Fcking H0M0S , Say WaterPolo! US

Post Number: 4927
It also depends on how much noise you can deal with. I get monster cables at a discount. I have used walmart brand before with a slight whine but when you turn it up past 6 you can't hear it anyways..

Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1563
i have monster cable rcas, they are nice and good for the $$$. if your not going to compete in any SQ competitions or h3ll any competitions, most RCAs are fine. KnuKoncepts, Kicker, RF, etc. are great and dont cost a $1,000.

abaRCA.. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us