Alpine Type R

Username: Lanedub11

Post Number: 1
I got 2 12 Alpine type r and I got the alpine 500W mono amp powering it right now and i was looking to upgrade. Any suggestions? They are DVC at 2 ohms running at 500W rms and 1500 peak each. Also, are each of my subs receiving 500W from the amp or is it cut in half to 250W?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3079
you need an amp that puts out 1000-1200 wrms at 2 ohm or .5 ohm Alpine pdx 1000 s a great match, but costly. you are only running 1/2 the needed power.
What enclosure are you currently using?

Post Number: 2
I got a sealed enclosure and actually looking for a ported one. I found one at best buy that had two type Rs in it and it sounded real good. It was made by Fierce Audio. I want my car to be heard from the outside, I got a cadillac deville.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3083
don't get the prefab from BB. Once you get them on the full power will want them in the sealed box or a Good custom(built to specs)_ ported enclosure. ~3.50^3ft after displacements tuned to ~34-35 hz. The Ported box is the way I would go. Make sure you trust your box builder to really know what they are doing. A lot of pretend professional Box builders locally. Look at Fisher customs on the internet. He can build with the best of them and prices are great. He knows Type-R's inside and out as well. They are fairly common.
http://fishercustoms.com/
Tell him eCoustics sent you. You still need to get more power to fully wake up the R's. And with his box, you should be happy. The are a great value SPL sub. And don't sound bad. Even in a trunk car you should get over 142+ db's fairly easily.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 168
Don't buy a prefab ported enclosure. Either build your own or get someone to help you. The end result is much better and it is designed for your application.
You would probably want around 4 cubes tuned to about 35 hz.
As said before you want about 1000wrms at 2 or 1/2 ohms. A Kicker 1000 monoblock would work well. But I'm sure you can find something cheaper depending on the budget.

Post Number: 4
How do you tune it? and I was looking to spend about $200. Any suggestions for a decent amp for that price.

Post Number: 5
http://www.fishercustoms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id= 30&zenid=5a0ea231649bb07cc8a42473da98f965

Something like this??

Gold Member

Post Number: 3084
lol... yup. that would work so long as it fits your trunk... I would call before you buy the box plans to assure it will fit. If you get the plans, who will build it? I can make a design for you if you send me you max dimentions. Free of charge of course. Unless you want me to send you bass box pro 6 to read the bbp6 file, I will have to send screen shots of the plans. call me asap if you can.. 337-438-2957. will talk about it. good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us