Does AUDIOBAHN make a good amp?

Unregistered guest
So I have a couple of questions about my future option in car audio.

Why do many people say "Audiobahn sucks"?

I am looking for good reasons, not just the above, send me links or email I am looking into their high current amps.

In the home audio world BOSE SUCKS! And from a technical and sonic quality standpoint they do.

Help me with some facts or some personal comparrison testing.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3416
there have recently been several good threads here explaining this. read those and you should have all of the information you need.

Jonathan and myself have detailed quite extensively the problems with audiobahn from a professional standpoint as he owns a shop, and for a time, tried to sell audiobahn, and I've worked in both sales and installation as an MECP certified master installer. If you're unfamiliar with that level of certification, it's like the CCIE of the car audio world.
There are quite a few issues with audiobahn from their business practices to their poor construction, to their mediocre to poor performance, and their high failure rates.

BAM
Unregistered guest
could you point me to those ......

Yugo
Unregistered guest
Does Yugo make a nice car?

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 43
dont know..

audiobahn subs are nice but havnt had an audiobahn amp before

boss subs are garbage but the boss ripper series amps are very good

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3425
right along with James' pyramid and legacy stuff and his roadmaster head unit

Bronze Member
Username: J_capone

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 45
ignorance is bliss

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3430
you must be on the verge of heaven.

now, ready... get set... GO AWAY!

Username: Binodog

Bassett, Ne United States

Post Number: 3
From what I have experienced audiobahn does make good amps. I have a cousin that choice to use the audiobahn amp and our doctor would agree that it has power. My cousin hooked it up to three ten inch subs and this was in an old scout. The power that that thing put out was crazy. I think but i am not sure the amp was 1600 watts (i could most likely be wrong) I am positive it was audiobahn though. back to the question though I would give it a try. But make sure that you dont run it too high you will go deaf.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 47
yeah audiobahn amp r great, i have 8002t 800w off ebay - $150 new nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
maybe it not so great it shut off after 30min at full blast and come back on after 1min. shut down after another 20min of blasting

4hour at normal levels on a hot june day

KeithK
Unregistered guest
I have 4 Audiobahn amps (total between 2 vehicles) and I've had no prblems with them whatsoever. I think they sound great and have never had a heat problem with any of them.......I also had a pair of their component speakers....now those turned out to be crap (sounded good at first but then I realized they would handle nowhere near their stated power).

Username: Thevgmaster23

Post Number: 7
i have an audiobahn A1500hct amp, and it's their most powerful mono amp that they make. i'm quite proud of it, as it not only makes things pound, but looks good too. their subs are crap. but when you have to turn down this amp on a 1100 watt rms sub, something is to be said here. true rms wattage isn't always power, but that depends on the sub. neway, their amps rule. u can get one of mine for 419 (shipping included) on ebay, where it would retail for 1k. go figure. enjoy the power of audiobahn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
i disagree some of there sub are great and i was wrong about the 8002t amp...i had the gain up too high, now my 1206t sub is hitting for hours and not shutting off....

Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 8
answer to the question, in real life, yes they do.

would i ever buy one? no.
does that matter? no.
are they worth the money? get something else.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
well i have a Audiobahn a8002t amp and a Audiobahn aw102t 10 inch sub. I love the the amp but wasnt so happy about the sub did not sound that great so im getting 2 kicker 10 inch subs for the same amp. so in my opinion great amps not so great subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 33
you guys say that audiobahn doesnt suck because they sound good. but hell... my optimus sounded good compaired to my buddies pyramid and boss system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us