Use of a loading board for sealed sub??

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 156
From my understanding a loading board yeilds simular results as corner loading a sub. I really dont want to waste trunk space facing my sub enclosure towards a corner... so I thought about using a loading board technique. Have any of you ever tried this? Whats the best way to do it? I found the following picture and it got me thinking... I know the plexi in the pic is thin and probably used just for looks, but if I were to use thick plexiglass like 3/4", could it be used as a loading board?? I think itd make for a more unique build if that idea is plausible... not to mention double as a bad@ss grill ha. Any audio guru insight to this concept would be great!! Thanks

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6399
I could see it working to an extent but if your sub is in the trunk in a sealed box, by the time the waves make it back into the cabin they should have matured.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4036
that setup looks sick

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 157
Yeah it definately looks nice. I mean thats a little more complex than what I'm thinking... but if that grill can double as a loading board I'd love to incorporate it into the design.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6401
put it this way.. make a cheap one from 1/2" MDF.. if it works it works.. won't be out much

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2544
^agreed

I think in that install pictured, they only did that to help prevent any cancellation due to the one woofer mounted invert.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6403
i think they just did it to protect the subs instead of using a normal grill cover..

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2551
I agree with Kevin.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20313
There's certainly a good deal of money/determination in that setup. It's the kind where you couldn't care less what it does cause it looks cool and the chicks love dat sh1t.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2546
I really didn't think about it that much, as if it was for cancellation by any means they wouldn't have angled the subs in different directions lol.

I guess I did say "only" in my post. I should have also.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9327
Paul, women are only impressed by materialistic objects for so long. They always want something else that really satisfies them anyhow. Some people can ride size 13s all day and score all those hotties :-)

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 278
Anyone have a link to any information on a so called "loading board"? Kinda of interested too ^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us