Kicker L7 vs powerbass 3xl vs audioque Hdc312

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1038
ok so im in a giant toss up between the three i have the L7 right now but someone wants to buy them. i heard the powerbass at the shop an they hit the number i have been trying to hit in a box the was prefabbed on my amp. the audio que b/c i have always wanted to own them they look amazing. So what im wanting to know which ones would yall go with the number i want to break is 140s i have never done this an wont to before the seasons over...

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11352
Just one sub?

I haven't heard the PowerBass but I've heard the L7 and the HDC3. The L7 is a great, cheap SPL sub. The HDC3 will get very loud and sound decent enough. In a burp box off about 1k, I'm sure you can break a 140 with either the L7 or HDC3 but obviously its impossible to know for sure.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1040
i have to break it on music sins im in amateur right now ihave 2 L7 12s

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 322
first question is wat amp do you have.? 1000+ rms should get you over 140db. im currently running 1200rms with 2 L7's in a sealed box in my camaro and was doing 143.0 on the TL.

Elevator- Flo Rida ft. Timbaland, thats a good song for the L7's, they seem to like the bass tone, give it a try.!

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2539
What vehicle and amp?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1041
2004 dodge intrepid 1600 hifonics brutus an im running it in the trunk seats folded down

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 60
AudioQue HDC3 12" is my vote.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4949
hdc3 hands down over the l7

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Your install is very important.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
"i heard the powerbass at the shop an they hit the number i have been trying to hit in a box the was prefabbed on my amp."

Was^^^^^done in your 2004 dodge intrepid?

Is/will this be metered on a TermLab?

Not sure on the quality of the Powerbass 3XL,but the quality of the AudioQue HDC3 is hands down better than Kicker L7's.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 698
HDC3

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1553
the HDC3 is an all around better sub. i have seen a lot more powerbass subs in the last few months, but nothing really worth ur time.

u should be able to get 140 on music with any of the subs. keep in mind the sub is one 10% THE BOX IS 90% of ur set up.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2902
The Audioque will be a nice sub just to have. You can achieve your goal with any of the three, though.

quote:

i have seen a lot more powerbass subs in the last few months, but nothing really worth ur time.

Powerbass makes really decent stuff. Have you even messed with them lol?

quote:

keep in mind the sub is one 10% THE BOX IS 90% of ur set up.

What % is the power you are runnng? Also vehicle? What about correct wiring? Charging? The weather also is a small %.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us