Need advice on first system for ford ranger. Help please

Username: Combzzz

Post Number: 1
So I have a 1995 ford ranger with the extended cab and I wanna get a system. I've been looking at the 12" alpine type r's but I don't know if I should get one or two? Would two draw too much power from the battery and would it be too much to bass for a small space? And what kind of amp would I need? I need the most affordable one possible but still good quality. If you know any subs around the same price that would be better please let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3747
Type R's are pretty nice. I would probably just stick with those if that's what you want. You could also take a look at some Audioque SDC2.5's from audioque.com. As far as the amp well an Audioque 1200D is only $249shipped from AQ which is hard to beat. You should be fine running ~1200rms or so on your stock electrical. Just make sure you set everything right and take it easy on the volume knob. There's no such thing as too much bass in a small space.:-)

Username: Trussell456

Post Number: 9
i have 2 type r's. i have them in a jeep grand cherokee and an acura integra. i only had a 500 watt amp powering both and its hard to swallow with the bass pumping. I would also recommend the AQ1200D, i was going to buy that amp but got another exact match to my amp for real cheap.

Two 12" r's will be real loud in a pickup. get the SWR-1242D dvc one not the SWR-1222D

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3034
to much bass for such a small place? lol Steve is correct,there is no such thing.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2533
I don't think your electrical would like that AQ too much to be honest. What amp is your alt? IIRC those are like 65-80a?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3752
I think 90

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14884
with only the recommended 500wrms each those type R subs will pound

if u cant fit 2 12s then try 2 10s ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »