Best sub around 500 watts rms for $200

Username: Trussell456

Post Number: 3
i am looking to buy 2 12 inch subs. I have a budget of about 400 bucks. I want 4 ohm dvc subs so i can run one on each of my mono amps at 2 ohms. I believe thats right.

I really want the subs to sound good but loud at the same time, i know thats hard to find but what do you guys suggest i buy. Its very important i get them for about 400, no more.

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 72
You could go with an Alpine Type-R. My friend has one puts out decent sound. It's right at 500wrms and a little under $200

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14877
which amps do u have ....

Post Number: 4
2 MTX Audio Thunder 6500D for the amps. i know there old but i got one for free and the other for 55 bucks haha

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3019
aq sdc2.5
alpine type r
cvr
re se
RD classic

Post Number: 5
I have 2 alpine SWR-1242D type-r's. I just got the second amp and had ran them on just one previously. Do you think they will be a lot louder with the second amp? i uninstalled them about a month ago, in the process of getting new vehicle, will the type r's be a lot louder than they were with just one 500 watt amp?

I was looking at the AQ SDC2.5 anybody use these?

I havent heard much about the CVR. can get 2 on ebay for 150

Really looking into the RE SE. get 2 for 300 on ebay.

what about a diamond d6? or the d3 since the d6 is a little over 400. does the d3 compare with the others? should i pay a little more and get the d6's

or the final question, should i just stick with my r's. Since they will def be louder with 2 amps, esp since they were ran at 4 ohms before giving each sub maybe 200 watts or less, and now they will be getting 500.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3025
well I would definately try the r's before getting new ones.. They will be A LOT louder on RMS power. What enclosure do you have for them?

Post Number: 6
i dont even know the dimensions. its an older r/t sealed box. but i think its 1.25 cubic feet per sub, which is just about perfect for a ported box, so i get a few tube ports and port it my self, tuned to 33 or 34 hertz. what do you think would be best? i am very handy and could easily port it myself without ruinging the box or anything

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5118
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/30046/vpid/239504 2/vpcsid/0/rid/123284

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1593
Can you strap those amps?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5119
I didnt read the part where he said he already had Type R's.

This thread ftl

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6386
love my SEs :-)

Post Number: 7
i dont know if its strappable. but cant i just run one sub off each amp? Thus a 2 ohm load and 500 watts to each sub?

The reason i posted this topic is because i could sell my type r's in a heartbeat around where i live so if there is something better in that price range that would still work off those two amps then i would go for it and sell the r's.

On 500 RMS will the RE SE's be as loud as the r's? they will of course sound better i would imagine, but i want them to be loud also

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2531
That box is not big enough to port for 12" type-r's. You neer more around 2cf or more PER SUB before port displacement.

Bronze Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 44
x2 what Jack said, I bet the Se's would sound real nice. Is building a new box out of the question?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11373
That amp may be a few years old but it produces 750-800 rms birthsheet tested at 14.4. I had a mtx 81000d and sold it. I recently bought another. They are solid amps but make sure not to use the compression switch.

Post Number: 8
on the alpine site it says between .75 and 1.75 cubic feet for ported box. and it says the optimum volume of a vented box for it is 1.3 cubic feet? Is this wrong information. because this is also what it said on the manual that came with the subs when i bought them? building a new box isnt out of the question so should i build one around 2 cubic feet each? even though alpine says 1.3 is optimal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3029
The type- r's are not bad sounding by any means and will sound better and still be loud in a ported box 1.75-2 ^3 ft. tuned to ~35 hz. 2 12" R's should have nno problen hittin a 142+ legal in a trunk car on rated power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_xu8FrXjY0&feature=related

not the best vid, but you get the idea. These are in a 2.5 ^3 ft/sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 48
I like those MTX 6500D.good little amp

A friend of mine has 2 Alpine Type R 12" in a(4cf.net at 35Hz)on a AudioQue AQ1200D and it bangs hard and sounds good doing so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us