My New Box

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Houston, TX

Post Number: 60
Just finished it. Dual chamber, tuned to 32 Hz. Only one pic for now. Thanks to everyone on here that's helped answer my questions. (I feel like I just had a kid or something)

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14880
whoa thats a deep heavy looking box

whats going in it ...

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 62
It is VERY heavy!! Going in a trunk, so my height and width were pretty limited. 30" wide by 15" tall by 23" deep. 1.4 ft3 net each chamber. Putting 2 RD Sonance V.1 upgrade 12's in there. 600w RMS each.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14882
wait thats only 1.4cuft each & so huge that box is ...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1530
that looks like WAYYYY more than 1.4 cuft.. my box is 4cubes TOTAL and your box is bigger than mine

hmmm...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2593
looks nice so far. Got any more pics of it? Going to carpet or paint?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2532
I think he meant 2.4cf. Moare pics!!

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 63
Wow. 1.4 EACH chamber = 2.8 NET. If you don't know what that means, I'm not going to explain it.

Snow- Not sure yet. Was thinking about that stone texture paint, but i hear it's hard to paint MDF even with primer.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11388
"30" wide by 15" tall by 23" deep. 1.4 ft3 net each chamber."

That comes out to 2.33 cubic feet per chamber without the ports. How high wide and long are your ports.

Gold Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1030
heres a link to how that textured spray paint would look i did the top of my sub box with and it was very easy, all i did was one coat or primer and fill in all the whole and ur set...i used 3-4 coats and then 2-3 coats of clear...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3322084/2

and this is the product i used one can did the top of the box so im guessing i would need 4-5 to do my box which is 3cuft...
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=31

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 977
That stone texture paint looks good. I did it on my box. It took quite a bit of paint to do it. I think i used 3 full cans and that didn't even cover the whole thing.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 67
To Sean and the rest of the doubters - I know my math, and I have built MANY projects with wood. When I say net, I mean after ALL dislacements. Ports, bracing, and subs. I triple checked my figures. Believe me, I am right. And if I'm not, I get to learn about resonance issues.

Killer - Love your box bro. I saw pics of it a while back and that was what originally gave me the idea. But...was at Lowes for a hedge trimmer today, and saw that "Hammered" paint. Picked up a quart of primer and rolled that on. Was gonna spray tonight, but it started raining. Should have it done within the next couple days.

More pics - Can only take them with the celly and text them to my email acct. Pic messages cost and, well, I'm a cheap b@$t@rd. Will post more when the paint is on. And will see about borrowing a cam to youtube it.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3046
they are not doubting you to front on you, but it does appear to be noticably larger than 1.4^3ft / chamber. unless the ports are really long. Still a nice enclosure.. But if someone points out a possible mistake, It couldn't hurt to let a fresh set of eyes check out all the dimentions and calculations... I would welcome the help.. I make mistakes often. The sub preformance and overall listening satisfaction could be at stake. Enjoy the sonances. Great choice btw.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 68
Good point Mark. I didn't think about it that way. Ports run the full length of the side. That puts internal dimensions of the chamber at 11.625x13.5x21.5. I put in bracing to minimize flex, 2x2.5x13.5 (8 in each chamber). That gives 1.6395 ft3 minus the sub at .25 ft3 gives a net of 1.3895 ft3. And i'm saying 1.4 b/c I routered the corners of the braces to minimize reflected sound waves and to not disturb pressure waves too much. Port is also routered internally.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9321
Did you also factor in driver displacement?

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 72
^ Read my last post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us