13w7 or 2 MTX 9512-44 subs

Bronze Member
Username: Jordon32990

Post Number: 17
I have a 13w7 and a JL 1000/1 amp.
Someone wants to trade me their two 12" MTX 9500 4 DVC subs and Audiobahn A1500HCQ for my JL's.
Just looking for some feedback and advice in any form. + and -
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
i wouldn't do it, my buddy has mtx and it sounds like crap... i would stick with your SQ sub...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1416
no way in hell keep what you got man....

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 242
never ever ever ever ever.

if you REALLY want to do it, keep your JL1000, but i personally wouldn't ever dream on that.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2840
That's a sweet setup way would you trade for a audiobahn?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Alright alright. lol
Sounds like almost everyone I talk to about it is in unison on this one,
I'll stick to my setup. It pounds like Godzilla during happy hour anyways.
I don't think I could find anything much better for what I use it for.

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 61
yea lol like trading an 09 charger for a 95 hatchback with 100 dents in it lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
With what I'm driving right now, that hatch would be an improvement. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 62
lol i know how you they actually dont look bad and you can do alot with it without spending alot of money cause its so small

Bronze Member
Username: Liveyman

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 11
Why does everyone hate on MTX so much on here? I know that they make some low end crap, but I had 2 9500 15's running on a Directed 2400D and it was the craziest system I ever owned. The system I had before that was 2 JL 10W7's on a 1000/1 and I hated it. I am not knocking JL. I have had many different JL products in the past, but if that Audiobahn amp actually puts out anywhere near the 2000w it claims, I would take the 2 9500's over that single W7 any day of the week!

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 537
Keep what you have for sure. Not even gonna get into the sub debate, so lets look at the amps in question.

Audiobahn A1500HCQ
Upload

JL 1000/1
Upload

Keep what ya got man.

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 13
I absolutely see your point about the amps, but I just don't understand why everyone dislikes the 9500's so much. I owned my 9500's about 4-5 years ago and they were getting all kinds of praise back then. Do they build them differently now? Plus (depending on his goal) the 2 12's would undoubtedly be louder right? I am not playing devil's advocate here, and it is not like my opinion is going to change his mind, but I have had nothing but great things to say about the MTX products I have owned in the past. Have they really fallen off that badly?

Bronze Member
Username: Camdry90

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 32
MTX is just utter crap... like i said my buddy thinks his sh*t is louder than my alpine type x, which it is but when u compare sound quality to loudness hellz no... mtx is garbage thats why they sell it @ bestbuy...

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 14
Well...that was part of my point. Does he want sq or loud? Plus, if it being sold at BestBuy is your criteria for being "utter crap", then does that mean that your beloved Alpine is crap? And before you say anything, I know that they don't sell the Type X subs there, but they do carry a lot of Alpine products. BTW...they don't sell MTX at BestBuy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I like a healthy mix of bump and sound. I too had an Alpine Type X, it was a very good sub. The W7 is undoubtedly better, but thats why is costs over twice as much green.
I've heard a single 9512-44 and it was pretty loud, wasn't sure if two for one subs was worth dropping my JL amp.

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 15
There is no doubt that JL makes good products. The 1000/1 is arguably one of the best 1000w amps out there. If the other amp was better then it would be an easier decision. I have read some reviews on that Audiobahn amp. They weren't all completely bad, but the JL is by far the better quality amp of the two. It is also difficult to compare the two because of the (claimed) power difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Houston, TX

Post Number: 61
Wicked- Def not saying the AB is a better amp, but the HCT series is a dual sided cicuit board. I.E.- there's more circuitry on the other side.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
That Audiobahn that this guy is trying to trade me used to be mine. Traded it to him for 2 TE801d amps. lol
I used to have the A1500HCQ on 2 Type R 15's. That amp is overrated, but on those subs, it was more than enough. They were 750 rms 1500 peak. At one ohm, the Audiobahn putting out "2000 rms" was a far shot. But somewhere from 15-1700 seems reasonable. I don't have a bench test or anything to say for fact.
Does anyone have a birth sheet for it by any chance?

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 49
DON'T DO IT

I think MTX was sold at circuit city and they only had 4500 series and 5500 series.(i think)

The MTX 75,85,95 subs are OK at best,they are way over price for what they do.

MTX authorized dealer cost is a major ripoff as well as most other companys.

Hell the UNaurthozied dealers/Internet dealers is a ripoff as well.(just not as much of a ripoff)

So what Im trying to say is,if you can find MTX for cheap then jump on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Wow, I'm not going to trade my JL's, but I didn't realize just what kind of a bad rep MTX has on here. lol
MTX is pretty popular in my area. I've always preffered Alpine and JL personally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us