OT Looking for a new head unit...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1415
Ok guys i don't know if anyone around here remembers me because its been a while since ive been active but anyways im looking for a new hu for my car. I would have posted in the hu section but as always it seemed kinda dead. The car is a 1995 subaru impreza my buget is gonna be around 350 bucks. i already have speakers and a amplifier, im not gonna be looking for a sub for another month or so. I had a eclipse cd7000 as my last hu and loved it unfortunately i sold it. its been a while since i have been in the game so i figured i would come see what ecoustics had to say. If it matters the amp running my speakers is a brandy new sound stream 600x4, it was cheap with a warranty, looked good and had a decent weight to it so i figured i would give it a try. speakers up front are infinity kappa 6.5 components, as for the rear im using some jl xr 6.5 components minis the tweets. i was looking at the new kenwood excelerons but i don't know how they sound, if it comes down to it i might just go buy the new eclipse 7200.

well let me know what you guys have for suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 518
i think the eclipse 7200 is one of the top HU out there and i love my 3200

Gold Member

Post Number: 1417
im still looking?

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 69
Yeah I have the 7200 but its a little out of your price range at 550 I believe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1418
do you think its worth the extra money though.. also i just came across a clarion 9522 witch is a little bit older but i can get a good deal on it, if anyone likes that what do you think its worth in good shape?

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 421
Did you mean to say 9255?

If you're referring to the clarion DRZ-9255 i would not hesitate to buy that unit, if the price is reasonable and its 100% functional.

I've seen them go for 5bills on diymobileaudio.com.

That unit has great features and is ranked among some of the best sq hu's ever made(denon, nak and the alpine f#1 status).

Otherwise, i'd pick up a late model alpine unit.

Good luck

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 422
BTW, the quality of an amp is not measured by its weight...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1419
no your right its not but for the price i couldnt beat it i know its deff underrated but i think someone benched it on another forum ad it really puts out 75 watts so thats not bad. i will surely upgrade soon. i think im gonna pick up the 9255 depending wat they will let it go for i just dont like the fact it does not play mp3s but o well also this is not the version with the copper chassis.

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 50
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400415
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us