Shiva's vs. CompVR's

cd520
Unregistered guest
Two 12" Shiva's vs. two 12" CompVR's in 1.92 cubic feet per sub sealed box. Comments?

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
id take the comps. iv got 2 10s in 2 sep slot ported boxes and the bang. they dont need more than 500 watts total to run them great , dont know how much the shivas need

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 162
Yea go with the CompVr's.

Anonymous

how do the CompVr's look like? i've seen a couple models and they look different. can you post some pics up and maybe model numbers or something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
These are the current CompVr's from Kicker.

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=compvrsub.html&menu=SUBWOOFERS

These are the ones you want

Anonymous

hmm... they look kinda week at the back and the front. i mean, they don't look that aggressive. and plus, their sensitivity sucks. i'd want sub sensitivities maybe in the lower 90's and above at least. but i gotta admit, they're pretty cheap on ebay. do you think it's worth the money? i was thinking about getting the type r's, but cent for cent, do you think the kickers are better? and if i do get subs, i'll probably get 2 10's in port box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
Yea the CompVr's are a lot better than they look.

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 37
i don't know of any GOOD sub that can take any kind of power and sensitivity over 90..... sorry...
CompVR's are Very Good,
So If Jensen made a sub with a 10 pound magnet on the back you would rather have that???
it's all about contruction, not always what's appealing to the eye,,,

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 473
Shivas are also very nice. Personally, I'd take them over CompVR's. They also don't look like much, but are very strong performers, just one can hit in the upper 130db range, and that's at subsonic frequencies. Two are wicked. In a good box, they don't need but around 300W RMS each.

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 38
either would be a good choice.

cd520
Unregistered guest
Thank's for the input. I've been out of the car audio "in" crowd for about 10 years and much has changed. I just ordered the two CompVR's from eBay for $171 shipped. I think these will hold me until I spring for something better, ei Brahma's, X.X.X's or IDMax's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us