Box size?

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ok i have a Audiobahn A8002t amp with 2 10inch Audiobahn Aw102t subs. Now i know that a lot of you on this forum dislike audiobahn but i got a really good deal on this stuff. the problem is when i ordered them i thought that the subs were dual 4ohm voice coils but when i got them in i found out that they are single 4ohm. so i will only be able to put 200 watts rms into each of them so i plan on buying 2 more subs so i can use all the power from the amp that i can but the problem with that is i have a 98 ford ranger reg. cab and the most cubic inches i can get out of each of the 4 boxes is about 0.616 and the recomended min. area is 0.635 so i was thinking of just making 2 boxes and puttin 2 subs in each box the area size would be about 1.311 for each box so i was wondering if this sounds like a good plan or should i just make 4 boxes?

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
and these boxes would be ported. And i want the most bass i can possibly get so any suggestions would be halpful. thanx

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 671
make 4 sep chambers- each .75 cubic feet or 2 single chambers each 1.5 cF

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 77
i don't think you should port your boxes. most/many subs will require more cubic feet than what u have in that truck, maybe around 1.5-2 cubic feet each. you should just go sealed. i've heard of some trucks with sealed boxes and they're pretty loud.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ok thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us