First System, Under $600, Could Use Some Help

Username: Gradiuscvk

Lowell, MA USA

Post Number: 1
Hey guys... I'm new to this forum, and I've been catching up with what's already posted... lots of good info, thanks. I wouldn't create a new thread if I had found an answer to my question already, so here it is...

I am a college student with a limited budget... I'm looking for a sub, enclosure, and amp for under 600 dollars... I saw the recent post that quoted such a setup for 575, but when I say "Under 600 dollars" I really mean "Not too much over 600 dollars"... I have a job, and wouldn't mind scrapping and saving if it would mean a significant improvement in SPL / SQ.

As far as specifics go, I've got a 94 (92? I forget) Mercury Sable (it's a hand-me-down, gimme a break)... Well, at least it's got some trunk space, so that isn't an issue. I love rap, and some techno, so I'm just looking for something LOUD and LOW... something you will feel in your stomach. Quality isn't my main concern, but if I had the choice between two equally loud subs, and one had higher a SQ for a reasonable increase in price, I'd go with the higher SQ. From what I've gathered from this forum, Audiobahn, JL, and Kicker make some good amps, and JL, Kicker, Cerwin Vega, and Adire Brahma make good subs... could someone suggest a good system with lots of power and decent quality? I'm not sure if you can do this for my price range, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

someone
Unregistered guest
Get a couple of Adire Shivas and a JBL 1200.1 mono amp. This would give you all the loud and low you want. It would cost you around $450 - $500. I would put them in about 1.5 - 2 CuFt sealed boxes. That would sound great.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 68
First, I'd recommend either a JBL 1200.1 amp, or maybe a 600.1 depending on the subs you decide on. You really would be cheating yourself if you forgot to add the JBL amps in there, because they truly are nice amps. They're not bad for the cost either. As for subs, I'd go ahead and get a set of Sony's, they hit real hard. JK. For 600, I don't think you're gonna be able to get some subs that have complete EARTH shattering bass, but you should get some descent sound.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 69
Dang... he beat me to it!

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 34
agree,
since you want low, and loud, you definitely want 12's or 15's... The Adire Shiva, Kicker, or JL all sound great with a JBL amp, atleast 600.1 and you will be Hitting hard....

MTX4SALE
Unregistered guest
Christopher King, I have an MTX Thunder1501D up for sale. Asking $250 and that includes S&H. With that amp, you'll have $350 left over...get urself a pair of shivas or one brahma...there you go! BOOM!!!! let me know if interested!

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
Get two Adire Shivas (125$ each)online
Get a JBL 600.1 amp (Under 200$) Try Ebay
and put them in a 1.5 CuFt Per Sub Enclosure

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBP6001?ref=posn

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_shiva /

These two sites should get you up and going...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us