Question on Wiring 4 Subs

Unregistered guest
I Have 4 Jensen XS1010 Subs, 4Ohms SVC. 175 RMS, 450 MAX. And i do have a Jensen Amp that is 1ohm Stable, but was wondering if you can wire four 4 ohm Subs to run a 2 Ohms? Thanks, Needs some Advice!

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 73
no, if you want to run all four subs, i think the only ways you can do that is wire all of them to 4 ohms, or 1 ohm. you can do 2 ohms if you want but that'll only work with 2 subs. i don't think jensen amps get down to 1 ohm, but if they do, then just wire them all the way down to 1 ohm then.

Unregistered guest
Well I Bought one of Jensen's KA Series amps, and It is 1-Ohm Stable. Soo Then it would be alrite to Use then i guess? I just wanted to keep it all Jensen. Casue no one Aroudn here Does, and there surprised of there sound Quality for Cheapness.

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 75
just beware of those jensen subs man. i've heard that those jensen sub's dustcaps blow off easily. but hey, not to dog on u or anything, if u have them already, might as well use them.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 102
first of all you need to know if your subs can handle a 1ohm load. if they cant you will destroy them in that setup.

Unregistered guest
I've Never had Problems with, They Never even Heat up, Barley warm man i like em. I've Ran 3 of them before For a couple of Months at a 1.33 ohm load, and they were just fine. I didn't Pay much for them anyways, so if they go, i'll get another lol

Unregistered guest
Will the Subs Heat up more if they are ran at 1 Ohm? Amp? Fry them ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us