Infinity kappa perfect 10.1 or Adire Shivas for MTX THUNDER 801D. INPUT APPRECIATED?

big o
Unregistered guest
For my MTX THUNDER 801D, which subs would be a better system? TWO 10" infinity kappa perfect 10.1 or TWO 12" Adire Shivas????

Also, has anyone have any experience with infinity kappa perfect 10.1? I've heard they have good SQ and SPL as well. INPUT APPRECIATED!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 661
shivas will outperform overall

louder, more accurate - put them in a 1.75 cubic foot sealed box with that amp

big o
Unregistered guest
its_bacon12, do you know this for a fact? Have you used or seen Shivas or at least seen the two to compare them? I want to go with two 10" so I'll pry choose the Infinity Kappa Perfect over the Adire Shivas. OR should I just get ONE Adire Shivas to go with my amp?????

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 72
I haven't heard of the shivas, but i've heard of the perfects. They won't be that loud if you're a bass head, but they'll have great quality.

big o
Unregistered guest
I want Sound Quality more than anything. BUT I also want enough Thump when I do want to listen to rap songs that has bass. Are the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 subs good enough???

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 74
i think perfects are great. my friend has 2 12's in his integra sedan, and damm, it was bumping my chest. well, i was sitting in the back seat, but yea, my hair was moving and all. they can get loud. plus, he wasn't feeding them enough juice. i forgot how many watts he is running them, but all i know is that rms power wasn't reached yet. so with enough power, i think i can be heard for a couple blocks. plus, you can't go wrong with the perfects. i think they're really built high quality. their htz goes down really low, and i think they work best in sealed box. compared to my type r 12's, mine has more spl because of a ported box, but his is more quality, but still can get loud and low.

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 100
get the 2 10in kappa's, they will give you the sq you are looking for. otherwise get one 12in shiva(if you want louder bass). i have the same amp with a jl w6v2 12in and they go perfect together.

big o
Unregistered guest
How do you read the specs for subs with HIGH SOUND QUALITY? And whats this everyone talking about with subs that "goes really low"? New to this mobile audio stuff, please inform

someone
Unregistered guest
The adire shivas have great SQ to go with their SPL. I would choose Adire.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 663
man ive heard both, not side by side but ive heard the 12 in kappa's and they still cant compare to the shivas...just get a pair of the shivas on that amp

SQ is outstanding and the SPL is great - 135 dB at 15 Hz with 1 shiva

Anonymous

15 Hz? are you sure. isn't that pretty low?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 474
Shivas have outstanding SQ for the price and will hit harder than Kappa Perfects. I'd take them, and yes, anon, they can hit 135 at 15hz. Wicked subs for 125 bucks each.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us