Inexpensive good system for a small car

Username: Coreykelly27

Irvine, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I have a Chevy Aveo and I am looking to get some subs for it. I am 16 and do not know much about car audio systems. I am not sure if I will require a new head set, and I would like to stay away from having to buy unnessissary things. I would like to get subs that have have good sound quality and that have powerful bass. Also I would like to keep as much of the cargo space as possible.
I am sorry for being so picky, please help me in why you can. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 113
Well do you want earth shattering bass or just a nice good boom.

This box
http://proboxrocks.com/superbass/1-10-SPB.shtml

One Kicker CompCVR10.

xtant A3001T-Ebay

4 gauge wireing kit from www.knukonceptz.com

Total around about 300.00 bucks.

Irvine, CA United States

Post Number: 2
A nice good boom.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 116
What I listed above should do you go. The box will proably cost about 150-175 the sub around about 50.00 and the amp around 125.00 or so. I would also recommend upgrading to a new headunit also. A decent price headunit would be a jvc KD-G800 I belive and thast around 150.00 or an alpine 9827.

Irvine, CA United States

Post Number: 3
How would I install that.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 124
What do you mean how would you install it?

Irvine, CA United States

Post Number: 4
Would I, myself, be installing that, because i dont know much about cars, so I dont think i woudl be capable of doing it.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 67
All thats required in a Head Unit install is pulling out the old one, Possibly putting a hardware adapter in, and you can get a wiring adapter that you plug in, and then you cap off the wires for on your new HU. If you're really lazy you can get two wiring adapters so you can just plug it into your JVC headunit, no worries at all.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 667
why dont you just build a box?

i built a dual 10" ported box for $35 and got a custom paint job on it i did too and it looks so dope - 2.3 cF internal volume tuned to 29 Hz single chamber and braced like a trucker

save yerself about $120 building a box - it makes a HUUUGE difference in a budget system - then you can invest in a better sub and/or amp

Irvine, CA United States

Post Number: 5
So how would I bulid my own box, and then how would I install the sub amp and box and all that good stuff. Also, is a new head unit really nessessary.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us