1999 Wrangler Amp Install...

Username: Punksteve

Post Number: 1
I'm having a problem finding a hole in the firewall of my Jeep Wrangler (1999) to wire an amplifier's power to my battery. If anyone know's of a hole that i might not be seeing, please let me know :-)

I'm mentally going through the installation process before I order $500 of sound equiptment to make sure I can actually do this! :D

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 99
They should be all over the place! Just look near the passenger feet side, thats where mine were. Or maybe because my jeep was preowned, but i had to drill the whole bigger for 4 gauge anyhow, if you can't find it just drill one for yourself...

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 65
That's what I ended up doing in a friends explorer. There were no holes we could find useable in the firewall, so we ended up just drilling a hole near the kick plate, and running the power over top of the wheel well and under to the kick plate area. Worked out great.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, I'll pull the carpet back some more and see what i can find there. also, i was thinking about the installation of speaker wire to the sound bar.. is there a way to run the wire from the amp to the speaker through the sound bar, or do i need to alter the end of the wire that is already attached to the sound bar so that it can connect to the amp> (i hope that makes sense :D )

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
I don't think i got wut your saying, when i replaced my speakers in the sound bar i kept the wires the way they were, insert from soundbar to speaker, the insert other end into your new headunit...and for you it goes into the 4 channel amp instead if i understood what you were saying.

Post Number: 3
Thanks, I think i know how to get the wiring done for the speakers now... (still havnt ordered my stuff yet)

I was looking around in the jeep for a way to wire the amp power to the battery, looked where daniel said, but still having no luck. i really don't want to drill a hole for this :/

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
i think your gonna have to :-( sry, but if you want to look at my system for any ideas or help(i own a 99' wrangler too)

go to

www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2
and on page 2 is the system..

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all the input :D

Well, I've decided to just upgrade my speakers only for now. The amp feels like its just gona cost too much at the moment. I'm gona get some Infinity Kappa 5 1/4s and 4x6s, and base blockers for the 4x6s. I think i should notice a big difference with just upgrading the speakers (hopefully) Unless someone talks me into getting an amp for them..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us