Guage on speaker wire

Username: Chris_baller

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
I just bought a pair of subs in a box the subs themselves have what looks to be 18 maybe 16 guage wiring to the outside of the box. What i'm wondering is would my subs sound better if i put a 12 guage wire inside the box and a 12 wire ouside the box running to my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 110
14 is good size. 12 if you want but 14 is good size.

Post Number: 7
ok thanks. i don't know if it was you who said this to me earlier but someone said my subs suck and they might blow on me within a couple of weeks. It will be pretty easy to install new subs of the same size in the box i have right. the box i have has 4 air holes and enclosed in plywood i guess carpeted with a plastic or plexi glass cover on the front to see the "cool neon lights" subs screwed in?
Oh and my subs are Pyle ppa 10" and be honest how bad do they suck really cause i only paid $100 for both subs and the box.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 458
They're not great subs at all, if you want to know the truth. It depends on the size of the box if you can get other subs that will work well in it. That's a bandpass box, so it'll be a little harder to find subs that will work with it.

Post Number: 8
Are you able to tell me what kind of subs would work best with it?

Post Number: 9
and the box itself is about 1 1/2 maybe 2 feet in width, 3 feet in length and about 1 1/2 to 2 feet in height.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 460
I need more exact dimensions than that, since it's bandpass the front and rear chambers are different volumes. What's the part number of the enclosure/sub combo or what websites can I find it on? Can't answer you tonight, can do tomorrow gotta get some sleep for work.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 53
Thinking of putting diferent subs in exsisting bandpass boxes? then checkout....
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/8938.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us