Need help with 2 JL Audio 12W3's

Username: Milkshake

Post Number: 2
I have 2 JL Audio 12W3's and i was wondering if the JL Audio 500/1 amp is the best amp for it even if it is a mono amp....i hear from other people if i get it it will mess up the amp...PLEASE HELP...THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 106
are those subs dvc or svc. also what ohm rating.

Post Number: 3
to tell you the truth i really dont know

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 109
Well we need to know that before we can help ya. Because the ohms and the svc or dvc will determine your wiring configuration which will result in different ohm ratings to the amp. So without that we cant help ya. Sorry

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 453
That JL amp is regulated, so as long as the load is between 1.5 and 4 ohms you'll get the full power potential out of the amp.

Post Number: 5
it is a dvc...and is a dual 4-ohm voice coils and can be used as a 2-ohm or 8-ohm subwwofer
...what should i do...

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 114
Well if you have 2 DVC 4 ohm subs you will be putting too low of an ohm load on that amp. Those two subs together will give you a 1 ohm load which that amp is only stable from 1.5-4 ohms. Your only option would be to run it at 8 ohms but you will only get half the power out of that amp if it will even work like that. Sorry for the bad news.

Post Number: 6
is there any other way to use the amp?

Post Number: 7
what would happen if i put it in anyways being a 1 ohm load

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 119
It may work but that amp will not last you very long or it may go into protect mode and not work at all anymore. Two things. You cound run just one sub or try to get the dvc 2 ohm version if they have one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us