New install I'm working on...

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2903
This will be going in a 1996 26' Baja Powerboat ($85,000+ msrp in 1996 w/ options/ 575 cu. in. Merlin Inboard (dressed out) 650+ H.P.)

Most of the equipment is already bought and waitin to be used, so please don't knock what you don't like about it( I am not thrilled about everything, but It is my bosses and I know it will still be plenty for this install). Thanks

amps- Tsunami Generator X GXA5330 6 channel (very impressive amp to look at and it is an old school amp that look as if was made years ago with todays technology- If anyone knows anything about it or know where I can find specs or a manual for it, PLEASE let me know.)

and 2-zx300.1
or
JL 500/1 (V.1)Great amp features and power BUT Terribly inefficient (Trust me it is, and I can and will prove it)
This leads me to my first question. Which amp(s) would you use for this install? I get to keep what I don't use and I have my eye on the JL for my Old Lady's SQ install for her Town and Country Limited. And The Keekers do match the subs perfectly. Just want to hear others opinions on this.

subs- 4-10" kicker comps SVC
2/enclosure and an enclosure on each side of the boat.

mids/highs- 2-JL Audio 3 way 6x9's
2- JL audio 5.25's co-axle
2 Infinity Kappa 6.5's also co-axle
RCA's and wiring, have not been bought yet but 4 ga. is all I will need.

Sub enclosures- hmmm, This is where I am in a lil quandary, so to speak, I hate prefabs, BUT if I go prefab, there is only one box, that I have used and have NEVER had a problem with.... PROBOX... If I can find one of theirs that will fit the dimensions that I am needing them to fit, I will use them. Either way I'm going sealed.
HU. One of the nicest Panasonic H.U. that I have seen to date. I've never used them, but WTF.... He has it BNIB.

2nd battery- HC2400 equivalent. Made by Shuriken? They are supposed to have been made by the same place as Kenitic and are the exact weight/size as the Kenitic but with different stickers and casing colors IIRC.
Leads me to my next question. I know I need to isolate the batt, but what amp isolator do I need? And since the boat is mostly FG, Should I run the ground to the NEG to the 2nd Batt. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that as well, but I still want to be sure. lol

This install is NOT for critical listening (obviously), but I guarantee it will do what he wants it to do( Keep the Naked chics bouncing their sh!t) lol

This boat is easily a 100+ MPH boat but I told him that I would taze him if he tries it with me in there. I've done 80+ in my old ski boat, but that was before I had kids and I would like to see them grow up before I die. I'm an old gear head who used to do some bracket racing (9.90) in my old hot rods but that was not on water, lol

I almost have him talked into doing an install on his $100,000+ H2 but it would be a bish with all The factory integrated BS that is in the HU. And I am nowhere near professional grade install when it comes to looks. I know it and am not afraid to admit it. lol

Any questions or if I left anything out let me know. (As well as any suggestions AND comments). Thanks in advance for reading all of this and for any comments or input.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2904
P.S. Ecoustics is the only forum that didn't automatically send me a Happy Birthday e-mail. Not like it matters but ....lol

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1299
that is sex... the boat :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Will4992

NC

Post Number: 66
thats funny, today is my birthday too. nice boat.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4007
shuriken bt120

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2492
Sounds like a fun project! Happy belated bday as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2911
c'mon peeps..; I need theswe questions answered.

Thanks Donnie

I know I need to isolate the batt, but what amp isolator do I need?

And since the boat is mostly FG, Should I run the ground to the NEG to the 2nd Batt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2914
c'mon peeps. Help me out on the correct isolator.

Also any opinions on the sub amp(s)?

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2368
I cant really help you on that cause im not familiar with putting systems in boats(soon i hope if my goal ever happens of getting MECP certification) but i think your idea of putting it in a boat is good and hope a smarter person can answer your question(s).........

let me know how this project turns out

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 926
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Bronze Member
Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 76
lmao ^ nice with the im on a boat TJ

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4781
happy birthday.
Ive read that a few times, but I am not sure what your asking..
A battery isolater is not speacilty item. Just ebay any.
As far as subs, amps..I would go marine. JL has a marine 500, as well as polk. The kickers should hold up well, and if they dont, they are cheap enough to replace.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3017
Well, I have no experience with isolators, and was wondering which size/amperage/name brand I should use.

This is the enclosures we ordered. Waterproof and solid and perfect fit(so i hope). They are longer than i was looking for but they should work. There will be 1 box on each side of the boat right next to the driver and passenger seats.
http://www.bicostereo.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3212

Had he not already had the equipment on hand, We would have went all marine, and will as this equipment eventually fails. The amps should do fine but I have my doubts about the speakers/subs(the Probox enclosures should outlast the subs by a long shot). The HU will be in a marine protection box.

Was also making sure that the grounds from amps should be connected directly to neg on 2nd battery.

Also wanted to get opinions on which sub amp(s) to use of the 2 choices listed in OP.

Already received the shuriken bt120 and boy is it impressive. And very reasonably priced... I paid 325 shipped. Brand new. 2800 amps- 80 #'s

LOL I kinda forgot about this thread, and am glad y'all bumped it... I hope someone answers the questions or gives opinions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us