Adire Brahma

lilfredg
Unregistered guest
i have decided on the brahma for a new subwoofer. i am going with just one right now and might add later. i am strongly trying to decide between the 12 or the 15. how do those two compare? would it be a real difference? also, i am considering the subzero adire box, www.subzeromfg.com/aseries.htm , would it really make a difference and is it worth the money. also im seeing that the 15 has a much higher sd, Sd 436 cm2 vs. Sd 749 cm2, what do those mean? i will putting a jbl 1200 on whatever i choose.

lilfredg
Unregistered guest
any help at all

Robert j
Unregistered guest
the size of the sub is going to depend on your sound prefrence(15 gives you lower bass and higher spl and the 12 is more acurate and not quiet as loud but will not disapoint. and puting that much power i would go with that subzero box. but i'm not putting that much power to mine so i built my own box.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 418
Sd is the surface area of the sub. Like Robert said, the 15 will be louder and drop lower, but the 12 is better for accuracy and SQ, while having less SPL.

lilfredg
Unregistered guest
thanks. to tell the truth will i really need all 1200 of those watts. can i get stupid loud with something like a jbl 600.1 of something like that?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 424
Depends on the box, go to this site, look at the bottom right corner and it will give you the optimum power for certain box sizes. http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahm a/
They recommend 1.0 cu ft. sealed for the twelve (for sound quality) with a 1.0 cu ft. box you'd need 800-900W RMS to get best performance. The bigger the box, the less power needed, basically.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us