Glass or someone: Do I need a new alternator?

Username: Ayek

Post Number: 2
going to add a directed 1100D class d mono amp and a couple of 10 inch CompVR. i currently have one kx150.2 and kx300.2 kickers on a stock 80 amp alt. so do i need to add a new amp or have the stock amp replaced by a bigger one. You advice will be greatly appreciated

Post Number: 3
Cmon anyone! im drowning here

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 431
Yes, JUST the 1100D would pull too much current for the stock alternator to handle, not counting the other amps. Go to www.mralternator.com to look at alternators for your vehicle, you'll need a 200 amp alternator if you plan to run all three amps and drive them hard.

Post Number: 4
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PigFacedFetusFockanator
Unregistered guest
Hey wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a seperate battery for the amp then upgrade the alt? Can you do this?!

PigFacedFetusFockanator
Unregistered guest
**Hey wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy a seperate battery for the amp *rather* then upgrade the alt? Can you do this?!

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 175
No, because the alt si feeding the all elec syst. when car is running. Batt is only needed when the car is off. Another prob is if you keep the stock alt and get a bigger/second batt, by the time the batt gets half life, it will start damaging the stock alt, pushing it too hard (the alt also charges the batt when the car is running.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
the alt is feeding...

daniels ghey jeep
Unregistered guest
buy 17 power capacitors and wire them in paralell that will sort you out

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
Gee, man, that will also drain the battery out... Even with the engine off...

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 27
HAHA,, 17 capacitors?? humm,
lets see,,, the avg cap is about $80...
80 x 17 = $1360..... haha
you could buy about 6 or 7 HO alternators for that but only need 1 to fix your problem at the source....

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 98
wow, i can't believe that there are such dedicated f aggots on this board, ie...ghey guy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us