Sub location question

Username: Jcarter

Post Number: 2
Hey there, I posted yesterday https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/560868.html about my sub wiring. Thanks alot M for the help.

My question now is, In my jeep i can flip the back seat foreward to give my subs lots of room, but if i put the seat down i have to slide the sub box all the way into the "trunk" which it fits into pretty snugly(an inch on either side), with the tailgate shut there is about 2 inches of airspace between the back of the jeep and the subs. Will that lack of airspace damage the subs? they're not ported btw. if so ill have to turn them off when i have passengers. The subs are alpine type-E if you dont go to the link.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1769
face the subs up if possible

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2510
aslong as the sub isn't touching anything i wouldn't worry about it

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 1012
Your welcome. Do what P.rick said. Otherwise you can keep them pointed toward the talgate and switch them to point up and see what way you prefer.

Otherwise you can build a new box for them.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23295
as long as its not touching the tailgate you are okay.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2855
do whatever sounds better. , being a sealed box it doesn't really matter how much space is between subs and vehicle, so long as they don't touch.
\What Jeep do you own?

When you are ready to upgrade subs/ amp, ect... let us know. It would be fairly inexspensive and simple to get a lot louder than the type E's. if that is something that you are interested in.. If not, enjoy whatcha got... later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us