So0o0o

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 192
I have a pioneer premier DEH-P500UB HU. for the highs i have a kenwood KAC6404 (pushing a set of kicker DS5250 and a set of kicker DS6930). for the lows i have an RD1000.1 (pushing 2 15" CVR D4 @ 1ohm). i have 4ga. wired back to the trunk and then i put it in a D block to 2 8 ga. wires for both amps. then i have an 8 ga. wire from both amps to the same ground.

about a week ago my highs were being dumb. the would cut out at about vol. 18/62, but the subs would play all the way up to 62 (not that i turn it up to 62). so i unhooked everything in the trunk.. EVERYTHING. i tookboth amps out, unhooked all wires, then put everything back in. then it all worked fine.

NOWWW (a week later), i can play music for a bit but then my highs will cut out and a few seconds later the subs will too(which makes me think its not a remote wire problem behind the HU). I can turn them up to whatever, but after a minute or 2 they cut out. I checked and neither amp is turning on. i my connections are all good, my remote wire is fine.

any ideas on what is wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2808
8ga for a RD 1000.1?
Have you checked the remote wire yet? Maybe it could be a loose RCA connection. Or maybe you are trying to run too much power on too small of gauge wire?

Is the amp actually shutting off when this happens? Or is it jumping into protect? Or is it just loosing signal?

This will determine what the problem is.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2531
lol.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 194
i know i know, the ga. is too small. but im unemployed right now and when the RD1000 came in the mail it was all i had.

i was thinking it could be some loose RCAs, but they would have to be behind the HU because all the amp connections are good to go.

and yes, the amps are shutting off completely, not going into protect

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10207
Do you know how dangerous it is to run 8 awg wire and a fuse rated for the 4 awg wire.

Get at LEAST 4 awg in there.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 195
ok, so i just went and bought a 0 to 4 ga. D-block. (1 0 in, 4 4 out).

I also bought 3 ft. of power and 3 ft. of ground cable.

my plan is simple, as well as half baked:

run the 4 ga. from the batt to the zero ga. input. run the new 4 ga. power to the RD1000, and run the same 8 ga. to my kenwood. then i'll ground both of them to the same spot.

any constructive criticism on this obama-rigged plan?

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 477
Hmmm, maybe its karma coming back to bite you in the @ss??? Just a thought.

confused?

remember this?
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/558850.html

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 198
you're an idiot.

well really, i am. for not going back to check on that thread. i could've explained it to you all a little better, instead of giving you the impression that i scammed him into selling it to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us