What Songs Will Hit Hardest In My Mustang

Username: Xmrbonez

Post Number: 1
I Have 2 10" MA Audio and 2 10" Kicker Comps (not vrs)

running on a pyramid american 2600 Watt amp.

I Am looking for more songs that hit real good in my car. some stuff that already hits nice is listed.

AMili
ABili
Ra B*tch Ra
I Put On(Mainly the last notes of beat)

also, what would i need to replace FIRST to go louder? my subs or the amp? all the subs are in 1 sealed 4 chamber box.

and lastly, i have my speakers wired in i belive, parallel. would bridgeing my speakers give me louder bass?

Edit : How Much of a Differance does a sealed box make? Do/Can people compete and still stand a chance with a sealed box?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2713
you need to get rid of all the subs, amp, and box.

1st off, never mix subs in an install.
2nd- every peice of equipment that you mentioned is way below quality standards..

What vehicle?
what is budget for subs, amp, and enclosure?

just about and decent 2-12 setup built to specs will blow what you are currently running away.
Can you build your own ported enclosure if you had the plans in front of you?

For about 500-600 bucks you can build you a lil budget system that will open your eyes to real bass.

Post Number: 2
When do subs really start to shine, from being heard form far away, to SPL in side. theres little local comps around here but ive never competed yet i hear most hit 120+ dbs so id like somethign aronud there

if i was to run 2 12"s what would be a good setup?

i can afford to be loud. i have time and time means money so i dont wanna spend a FORTUNE but i can definately afford quality sound.

also if i did go 2 12"s in a ported what direction would be best since my seats fold down? twards the front or twards the trunk?

im driving a 2000 Mustang with Very small trunk space height wise.

Post Number: 3
maybe 2000 RMS? is that loud enough to compete?

Post Number: 4
im sorry for all the posting

no i can not build a box no time for building it or tool and a lack of talent.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 911
give us trunk dimensions or how big you would like to go. we need the height width and the depth that you want to use for the box

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 317
get 2 12" kicker comp vr and match it with and nice ported box, amp. probly under $400. you will be hitting around 142db if everything is set up right.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 608

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2892
wolfcalibur?

what are you on bro ... are you god?

how can you tell someone what there gonna hit as far as numbers?

first of all what kind of car do you have? might have something to do with it .. if the guy is driving an 88 steel box on wheels ... hes not hitting ne where near that in a trunk car with no expierience ...

secondly ... comp vrs will not 2 a 42 in a ported box unless u really know what ur doing .. and i almost guarntee there arent many people on this forum that know what there doing ... and yes ive had cvrs and they are good budget woofers but in no way will they put significant numbers without alot of work and a very good box and vehicle ...

this forum is almost worthless when it comes to knowledge maybe a handful of people can have a coherent conversation about car audio ... but good news for the people that actually stay here ... wolfcalibur can guarntee ull do a 42 in any car with compvrs and a ported box .. something to look forward too

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6296
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6297
as with everything ecoustics has its cons/pros.. reason some of use stick around.. well we look at the better angle heh

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20024
Me likey that angle.

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 148
if you have the money get 2 FI BTLs with 2 aq1200d amps os aq2200d(not sure on RMS of the BTL) and port it to 32Hz and you should be good to go

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1450
^^^if your not sure of the RMS of a sub, how can you recommend an amp?

x2 what paul said

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 318
Mike Loudon im just basing it from experiance, dont hate dude. last event of the year i was going up against a guy with that setup with the same style mustang. he hit 142.9 in a tie breaker with me and i beat him with .1. it was very close. dont talk smack unless you got ur facts straight.! you dont know me so stfu.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5007
nice angle kev lol

Post Number: 5
I am Driving a 2000 Mustang Coupe
id say not measuring but as a educated guess 13-15 inches of height 13 to play it safe.

i want to be loud, i want to be heard from FAR right now my car is LOUD on the inside but you cant here me from very far away.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2893
i got plenty of facts and when it comes down to it u nor the kid who started this thread will be doing that with cvrs end of discussion ...

so before u run ur mouth ... make sure u have some evidence .. cuz right now u dont have $h1t... cuz with 2 l7s i did almost 10 dbs loud then u did .. must hurt to know u cant put up numbers

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1779
sickburn

Post Number: 6
not to be a dick but does anywon have a answer for me? what 2 12"s and amp would be best in the bacj of my 2000 mustang?

need to make this decision really soon

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 924
I would say to go with

2 audioque sd 2.5's
2 audioque hdc312's
2 fi bl's
2 incriminator audio death row subs
2 dd 2500's

And many more. How much power do you want to run? Do you want to get a new amp? What about electrical upgrades( alternator, big three, battery)?

Silver Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 319
Right. So ur telling me that my eyes are lying to me, i saw the guys setup and he was metered right before me. u did 10 db's more then me with the same setup, ur full of sh!t. my setup is in a camaro and in a sealed box, i would like to see u even coming close to me score with the same setup, oh and that 143db was on music ;)

Post Number: 7
i would like to go as lound as i can without getting any electrical upgrades. currently just want sound dont think electricle upgrades will be needed to make me happy.

im starting to think 2 12"s will not fit in my trunk and i may need to go with 2 10"s ported

whats the differance in tens and twelves?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3565
...wow...

Looks like ive been missing alot by not getting on lately, syke.

JM- 2 10" quality subs in a ported box with the correct amp has the potential to be very loud and clean. If you dont want to upgrade your alternator stay around ~1000w RMS total (take into effect if you want to run a front stage amp).

Give us a price limit and it will make it much easier for us to help you.

Wolfy- "get 2 12" kicker comp vr and match it with and nice ported box, amp. probly under $400. you will be hitting around 142db if everything is set up right."

That entire quote ruins all of your credibility in this thread. You can call Mike out all you want but in reality everyone who knows anything about audio can see every flaw in the comment. Please dont make us go into details on why its incorrect and just move on.

Also welcome to the forum JM.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 994
What hits hardest specifically in Mustangs is usually:

Spoiler
Trunk lid
License plate
Rear bumper
Rear deck
All contacting body panels
Roof
Doors
Windows (depending on year)
In some cases, the hood

Post Number: 8
i can spend about 300 on a amp and than subs i can maybe spend 150-200 a piece on subs and the box i can get from Qpower on the cheap theres a distributer near me.

Post Number: 9
i was thinking more of 1500-1800 RMS is that requires an alternator swap than i guess i will.

so pretty much aiming for 1500 RMS i was looking at the

BAMF series 2000RMS class D amp. maybe to go with some 10" square woofers in a ported?

bout $700-900 total to spend id say i can afford but a little moreis only a little more

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 926
You could go with 2 10" sdc2.5's off of 1000-1200 watts rms. I would stay away from square subs as the surround seems to wear out quicker. Just for electrical upgrades your talking $500-1000 depending what you do.

Post Number: 10
if i want to use the BAMF2000 D from Power Acoustik(i like the look alot) what 2 10"s ported would be my best? the sdc's?

also are vents > or = to circle ports

Gold Member

Post Number: 2726
Wow, I'm glad i stayed out of this thread, but I can no longer resist.
Wolf, Mike is right for the most part, but you could be right on the #'s IF the OP knows what he is doin'. As for Pit(syph.... not trying to call you out, but DAMN) you are WAYYYY off on the recommendation. Please think before you post something like that. You normally are pretty good about givin' decent advice but I don't think that you were paying attention. If I have to explain why, then you really have a problem.
Back to the OP... You have received some decent advice on setups, but yet you keep talking about the Power Craptustic. Fluck that amp. Fluck the"looks" of an amp.lol How much available space do you have? I am thinking that a single 15(depending on the sub) setup or a 2-10" setup might be a better option.. Look at Stavenmist's Revo *vid* thread. That is a single 15" on 1500 wrms. that is a solid setup. Look for a new/used 15" REVO and an AQ1200 as a possible setup... There are many ways to go, but you have to listen to the right peeps(as with all forums). You will haveto spend a lil cash for a good box, because no matter what sub(s)/amp you go with, the setup will sound like shiit with a prefab or a box not built to specs for you setup. Good luck and let me know if you want other setup options.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2420
idk how you would fit a 15 in a mustang, the truck openings are stupid as sh*t.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2727
Yeah, It has been done, If he sends the opening dimensions to Fisher, I'm sure they could make a design that would fit. Fisher has probably done that sub/car combo before. I've even gone as far as to finish the box in trunk, but that's another story. If he wants a quality setup then he will ask the right questions(ex look at thread title and look the OP and questions) and follow thru instead of taking shortcuts(like most noobs-including myself in the past) then he should be iight. look into the epic or the revo, both require less space than most quality subs. He could run that amp @ 2 ohms with a single epic. He could run a RD Sonance on that amp too and it would sound good and slam as well According to Steve(owner). The RD Sonance can take very small boxes and still get loud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2897
i know im right i ran cvrs for a long time and i know what im doing ... i was doing high 30s in a hatch off a kx1200.1

regardless ... a single woofer .. nice sealed box .. and 1k rms and u should be fine .. mustang trunks are the worst by far ... get a sealed box ... and a 12 inch woofer ... put good clean power to it be done

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 929
The kind of port you use depends on what kind of room for your box. If the box you build is a little small for your subs then you can use aero ports to try and save a little extra room. Otherwise you could put the aero ports on the out of the box giving you alot more room in the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us