JL10W6 ?

Bronze Member
Username: Dulrich1227

Boca Raton, Fl

Post Number: 12
Are they worth the $$ (@480 from an "authorized" reseller) and if you think so why and reccomend me a mono block to run it...

also i am wonder about some of those internet sellers that have for a little less than 300..

thoughts / comments ...

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 147
they are great SQ woofers... if you have the money they are good, but you can get some other subs just as good for cheaper

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 16
i have 2 10w6v2's powered by an Audioque aq1200d in my SQ setup (which I just finished out this weekend actually). i picked up the speakers second hand from a person that only ran them for 10 hours of play and didn't like them. the reason he didn't like them is because he bought loud SQ speakers when what he wanted was SPL. if you are after great SQ in your sub bass performance you would be hard pressed to find a more satisfying sound. if you want loud but still musical speakers i would look elsewhere cause you can get much better speakers for way less for that.

If you are after SQ then I would consider those or maybe the Fi Q's. The AQ1200D has been an excellent amp for these subwoofers so far.

Bronze Member

Boca Raton, Fl

Post Number: 13
thanks for the info.. yes SQ first.... those AQ amps are pretty inexpesnive... sounds good huh? what kind of enclosure are you using..?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
they are sealed. IMO it is the only way to go with enclosures if you are looking for sound quality. the AQ amps are quite amazing. when i bought it i really had trouble believing that they would do rated power with the price tag (250 bucks shipped is very nice for 1200wrms). 2 jl 10w6v2's also get louder in a sealed box than i would ever want/need too with that amp. but still they are for SQ so loud really isn't in the equation.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 905
I would do the FI Q. I think jl is overpriced. jmo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I agree. The JL W6's are very pricey. The Fi Q was actually what was going into my car until I got a good deal of the JL's. If you can find them for a good price on eBay I would say go for it. However, the Fi Q was another sub i've heard great things about when considering SQ and were actually my first choice because of pricing.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3082
JL makes really nice products, the W6 is arguably the best SQ sub out right now. Unforunately, if you buy it online from a non-authorized dealer, the warantee is void. And if i were paying a few hundred dollars for a sub, i'd want a warrantee.

Now, IMO 480 is too much. My buddy got his 13w7 for 700 authorized. Try to talk the shop's price down, but if you can't i would look into a pair of Boston Acoustics G5 subs. They are extremely close in SQ when compared with w6's, but you can get one 12 for about 250.

That being said, if i could choose any pair of subs to put in my car, they'd be w6's. bar none, they are my favorite sub, incredible sound quality while still bumpin'

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1354
i had a w6 12 and it sounded good in a sealed box... not loud at all. but if udont' care about that then that doesn't matter.

really with the right build u can get the SQ ur looking for. i would not spend that much on a jl sub.

fi Q.... looks good for me.

the difference is not that big but the moeny really is

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1355
i say. no its not worth the money

Bronze Member

Boca Raton, Fl

Post Number: 14
gonna go with the 2 FI's 10" sq for a try... in a sealed box..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us