Ok, maybe im wrong, maybe not

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 169
so yesterday, me and my brother were driving around in his BLAZER. he has a BLAZER. i have a trunk car. we were sitting at a stop light, just one 10 in the back, and its friday afternoon, so the little strip mall parking lot has car shows like every weekend, and a car pulls up next to us and we have his pioneer at 30 out of 62. we can hear the car next to us hittin, so i told him we should go throw my 15s and my RD1000 in his BLAZER for laughs. so we do, i've never heard MY system in HIS car before and needless to say, it was like a million times louder. which pssed me off but w/e.

so later he's at the bar, i take his truck home, put my 15s back in my car and brilliant me, i hooked one speaker's (+) to the (+) and its (-) to the (-), and the other speaker's (+) and (-) were reversed on the amp, so when the hookups should've went (left to right) (+)(-)(-)(+), it went (-)(+)(-)(+).

i switched it back to normal, and now it doesn't seem to get anywhere near as loud as it did before. maybe its just me, because the last i had heard my speakers were in his truck, but idk.

could I have damaged my amp?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 847
maybe...change the phase on your amp to 180....see if that helps.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 170
i went to the local audio shop, and they said that i might have blown a speaker. i usually don't listen to anything they say because they're usually just trying to push their product, but i was thinking about it.

that COULD happen, couldn't it!?

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 172
bump for an answer

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudioislikecrack

Post Number: 70
what shop did u go 2 CS1 or TAS?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6447
just take an ohm meter to each speaker. wire it correctly and set your amp and HU setting right. then see how bad your voltage drops.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 173
i went to CS1

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 174
ok idk if you guys are avoiding the question or what. i would REALLY like it for snow to just come in and say "yes" or "no, you're a dumbass" right about now.

CAN I OR CAN I NOT BLOW A SPEAKER IF I ACCIDENTALLY HOOK UP THE (+) TO THE (-) TERMINAL ON MY AMP AND THE (-) TO THE (+) TERMINAL?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2389
why are you on my nuts. and idk, i dont think that would cause to blow, take a DMM to the coils and see what they read.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 175
i don't have a DMM. i was just using you for an example.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2391
go to sears and buy one, they're like 20 bucks. i was just messin dude.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6449
no just hooking it up backwards wont blow it but from the sounds of it you dont know exactly what your doing so some where in the process your system isnt set up properly and something could have blown or may not be hooked up or adjusted right which is why I said to check everything.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3550

quote:

CAN I OR CAN I NOT BLOW A SPEAKER IF I ACCIDENTALLY HOOK UP THE (+) TO THE (-) TERMINAL ON MY AMP AND THE (-) TO THE (+) TERMINAL?

No.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2489
agreed

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2406
x3^

Also make sure you didn't put your CD in upside down, that would reduce the output as well.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2395
lol.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3083
""""i would REALLY like it for snow to just come in and say "yes" or "no, you're a dumbass" right about now."""""

that's precious ;)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2714
awwwwwww how cute----- DUMBASS! lol

it will not likely hurt your subs to hook em up that way. I have done it before running real power (2000 w pyramid) soooo.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 176
lol pyramid= real power lol

no offense tho i havent used it so maybe it is.

ok so my subs are fine, no damage done to them. but nowwwwww....
after i hooked em back up in my car, i pulled it in the garage and pulle dthe box out of the car, but left it hooked up because i have like 4- 5 feet of 16 GA.wire on them. well i slowly turned it up, like every 20 seconds went up one notch. they came back to life and were working fine. until yesterday.

the 16 GA wire was my brothers, and he wanted it back, because he's a b****. so i only had 18 GA and i hooked that up. now i can turn my HU up to 35/62 and the subs play fine but if i go past 35 the amp goes into protect.

i un hooked everything and hooked it back up and its still doing it.

?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1763
Go get 12g wire. Use enough to get the job done without a ton of extra. If your amp is going into protect you're doing something wrong.

Could be hooked up wrong or you could just be dropping your voltage too low. Or if it stays in protect you could have damaged your amp.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1131
heres a good idea for you, take everything completely out of your car, sell it all, and get outta car audio find a new hobby

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 177
^ you're not helping.

troy- i could be dropping my voltage too low. but what can I do to make it better?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1136
lol i was jus jokin since i havent thought of anything yet

only thing on a serious note is rip it all out n re wire everything, amp subs etc

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 178
yeah i tried that the first time when i had my brothers 16 ga. in there. then it worked fine. and it played great.

then when i put my 18 ga. back in i couldn't turn it up barely past half way and the amp goes into protect.

its an RD1000.1 pushing 2 15" CVR d4.

im afraid i blew a sub, and right now i have no income so i can't replace it

and i don't have the wood to build a box for the BL18. or probably the trunkspace for that matter

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 179
all this right after i built the new box... =[

the ports are there, its just too perfect of an angle to see them

[IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2680/picture001e.jpg[/IMG]
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/misterldr]misterldr[/URL], shot with [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=KODAK+V610+DUAL+LENS+DIGITAL+CA MERA&make=EASTMAN+KODAK+COMPANY]KODAK V610 DUAL LENS DIGITAL CAMERA[/URL] at 2009-03-10

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 180
ok i figured out what was wrong, and im very surprised my amp isn't damaged.

where my subs hook up to the terminals inside the box, one of the wires came loose somehow, and was looped through the + terminal and fused itself onto the - terminal. which is why the amp went into protect. i pulled it apart, soddered and taped all the terminals, and everything worked great.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6450
atleast you got it fixed, that is why I suggest direct wire

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 188
ok, could THAT have blown my sub?!? because im pretty sure one is blown. its making a "rattling" sound while it plays...?

but when the car is off and i push in on the sub it doesn't scratch

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11189
"ok idk if you guys are avoiding the question or what. i would REALLY like it for snow to just come in and say "yes" or "no, you're a dumbass" right about now."

Wtf did I miss? I leave for 9 days and come back to find out Snow is the forum genius? Congrats Snow lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us