M.S. and Mark B... help with alpine 4ch.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2366
I think it was you two that have/had the Alpine mrv-f250. Anyways I have mine installed, but I really couldn't tell much difference between running that amp bridged @ 4 ohms and running it stereo. Both at 4 ohms for my CDT comps. This amp does 40Wx4 @ 4 ohms/100Wx2 @ 4 ohms correct? Where did you have your amp setting as far as the switches for which channels you are running? I currently have channel 1+2 bridged and 3+4 bridged. If I use the right/left balance on my HU I can fade out my left speaker, but not the right. And I am running splitters between my EQ to the alpine amp.

Hopefully you two (or anybody) can help. If anyone knows where i can find a manual it would be greatly appreciated. Of if someone who has one want to sell it or scan it for me I would pay them.

P.S. I finally got that lovely alternator whine due to my POS pioneer deh-p3500 . Honestly not really noticeable though, might be due to the fact I keep my HU @ 1/2 volume and make up with it on my EQ.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9881
I have the MPR-F550, but all alpine amps are pretty much the same.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. To run one set of speakers the amp should be bridged to 2ch, which is stereo.

Are you're RCAs all plugged into the correct jacks? For example if left speaker is on termials 1+2 and right speaker is on 3+4, left RCA goes to a splitter then in to RCAs 1+2, right RCA goes to splitter then to RCAs 3+4.

Then make sure all settings for both sets of channels are set EXACTLY the same... use a DMM to get the gains accurate.

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/MRP-F550_OM.PDF

That is the manual for my amp, yours should be similar.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2570
ArM.S. and I are running the mrp-f550. Are you surre that you are not running the mrp-f250? if so the link :

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/support/support_search.php?modelname=mrp-f250

You should have as set of splitters for each bridged channel left channel off of EQ should be split to channels 1 and 2 inputs on amp and right channel split to channels 3 and 4.
The CDT's get loud fairly easy and 40 wrms would be loud but the difference should be noticable. The f550 power difference is a lot more drastic(90 x 4/250 x2 bridged)
Is your amp a black amp that says V-Power or grey that says V12? The older V12's have a lot more input selector switches and is more tricky. Let me know if this helps.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9883
MRV is an older series of alpine amps, he is prob right about the model.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
fu<k you M.S. lol I had to type mine twice(ie7 crashed when i was finishing up the 1st time lol

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2368
Mine is a V12 amp, it's old and has seen better days lol. It does have a fair amount of switches on it, to select how each output channel and rca inputs will be used. It's just been cold outside lately and haven't felt like messing with it much, but I'll try to get a pic up of the amp controls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2577
it is they grey one then... You have to get those input switched right. let nme know how it turns out.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2369
This is it... it looks alot worse imo in real life.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/547880.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2579
donnie need you email... will send you a manuel that will be suffice. will explain wht you need to know

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2370
weresofakingdumb @ aol . com

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9886
Looks like marks got you covered... or if you could post a close up pick I could tell you what each switch/dial is for.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2371
Mark I haven't got an email yet. I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2372
Found this online...

Upload

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9914
Can't read any of that, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2585
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6z5sth

follow this link... I emailed it but idk y u didn't get it.

this should do it.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2381
Thanks Mark, I think that will solve my fader issue, I guess I don't need them splitters after all lol. But that manual didn't cover the "input mode". I should be able to figure it out from here, I hope. Maybe this picture is more clear.

Upload

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2385
Played with it a bit today, no luck. I did although manage to eliminate the splitters, but my fader still doesn't work right. Maybe something on this amp is effd up idk. Oh well it's not like I use the fader anyways, I'm just @nal about my stuff being set up correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us