Pics another toy plus an update (chad you see :-))

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5812
1st is a teaser pic for chad then ill follow up with all the pics

Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22620
lol nice

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5813
chad... 950cfm or about 65lb/min

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22621
sick mam

wat is it? lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5814
k.. left holds meth kit.. right holds h701

.. and the turbo is an FP RED

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18765
It's a fan with a nut on top.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5815
chad im going for 500bhp.. roughly 430whp

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22622
u crazy lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5816
remember how you were in between turbo/supercharger.. do BOTH

...they have a turbo kit for the cobalts.. the SC runs it for low end and the turbo is for high end.. kinda crazy idk

they are putting down 500+

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3295
that is ridiculous

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8860
"remember how you were in between turbo/supercharger.. do BOTH "

Don't do that lol. It's a tuning nightmare. It's not very cost effective either =/ The Meguiar's Intergra was both supercharged and turbo'ed, it made around 600hp but they down tuned it for reliability to a nice 477 from what I remember. There's a CRX(Tuned by Panducky(?)) that is both super and turbocharged, the car has mad hiccups when trying to launch and Panducky is said to know their sh1t pretty well. Twin charging is not onl hard to tune but fitting it all into the vehicle isn't fun either.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8861
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=20892&sid=3a23144c2fc4c80e3df08a8bd9c0b1 ec

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8862
http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/custom_meguiar_acura_integra_t ype_r_twin_turbocharged_show_car/index.html

I remember reading better numbers a looooong time ago but i might have been wrong.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5822
lol i was serious :P

imo go with a large turbo and deal with the lag

i'm hoping to have my new turbo on by the end of the month.. gotta come up with a little more money for more supporting mods

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8870
Let me know if you're going to get rid of your CRX parts because I might take them off of your hands. What type of manifold was it that you had for that BTW? I'd like to know brand and I remember it being a Ram. As far as your large turbo and lag goes...make sure you be careful because of surge, you can damage things really easily. Go with a BB turbo to help spool and your exhaust side extrude honed to help spool and lastly, if you can get a divided turbo mani to really help spool but that will cost you a lot for the entire setup.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5823
i don't think the manifold is a name brand although it looks nice.. i'd have to look all over it for some type of badging.. just sitting in my garage right now

this fp red is 8cm ported.. i may end up getting equal length headers as the last thing i do.. divorced dp won't matter since i'll be running EWG.. on subies it goes before the turbo.. my dp is a cobb 4" and tapers down to a 3"

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

You forum mods are a b..., Try sucking ... US

Post Number: 4840
There is a lot more to just bolting on parts. Adding a larger turbo won't always work unless you have prepaired for it. You should have kept the original until you have gotten the flow right first. Increased manifold pressure (boost) is a sign of flow restriction, put the head in the shop to get the flow numbers up. If you don't you will end up with more heat and loss of HP. If you planned on going that far you should have just bought a second engine, put it on a stand and started building JMHO...Polo.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5830
don't need to lol, subaru 2.5l for my lgt already have forged internals stock

i've already gone with a larger turbo.. just going even bigger.. was sitting at stage III on meth with my 20g

now its time for the fp red on meth..

only supporting mods i need is an EWG and TGV deletes, which i was already going to do with my 20g to get the most out of that setup, that is until i got this for a good deal

all the other supporting mods ive already done for the 1st turbo swap

Gold Member

Post Number: 4842
I bet you have no head work done at all lOl. Polo.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5831
no need. only machine work i need was the TGV deletes which have already been ported and polished

Gold Member

Post Number: 4843
Your wrong, who told you that? Your head work should have been done first. Any restrictions in the head will cause a rise in overall temps not to mention to high of a boost will cause detonation problems. Head should have been flowed first then a proper cam and fuel system. WOrking backwards here...Polo.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8871
Not exactly Polo. Most imports already have great port work in the stock heads. Of course a GOOD port job will help out but it isn't always needed. Especially when the head being used ATM was designed with boost in mind in the first place. Many Subarus have produce very high numbers while using the stock head and porting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4844
There is a difference between true ported and cast ported lol. Now I can see if the manufacture has went ahead and took the time to clean up all there casting flaws but the chances are they didn't and this is the hole idea ofhand porting. Sure you can decent flow numbers and maybe straight bolt-ons will deliver a decent number but the efficiency is going down every time he bolts a performance part on. Manufacture turned these engines out for general public and there for the head is not designed for the flow numbers these part jockeys are trying to get. If he was smart he would at least grab a second head, drop it off at a show for some work and pick up a buttload of efficiency not to mention the bolton money would go MUCH further, JMHO. BTW I have put 40-50 hrs of port work into a pair of V8 heads lOl and 20 hours into a Holley Dominator (1050) great thing to learn. Polo..

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8872
Just because you port a head by hand does not make it better than a cast ported head. For example, if you port a head too much you'll lose port velocity and it might perform like sh1t. You have to spend a lot of money, time and energy to find out what works best. Port Flow has a lot of R&D into their B-series heads and they put a lot of B-series heads into the graveyard after testing them on a flow bench =/ Anyhow if you were to get any head work it would get costly but in the long run it is worth it. For a cheap means of improving your head you can always use extrude honing.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2802
props to all of u guys for knowing that much about an engine of a vehicle ..

good luck with the engine kev

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5833
for what ill be running itll be fine.. people run gt35rs on stock subie 2.5s with no issues

the main restriction is the TGVs which ive already taken care of

if i were shooting for 700+whp i'd be in for a complete build like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us