Ot: computers

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 719
need to know something about buying ram my friend needs a pc2 5300 or 5400 what would be good for that he is looking for 4 gigs total

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4692
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145195

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 720
i dont think that the computer can take the dual channel the memory looks small

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8849
If he's just looking for ram go with Corsair's Value series or Ultra. If you want something of quality or performance you're going to have to shell out more money. What is your friend planning on doing with this computer? There is a section in this forum for computers by the way.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8853
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/8831.html

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 721
just a computer for school work and things he just had the ram in it go bad and wants to replace it with 2 2gig sticks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8794
There are more factors involved in selecting the correct memory than just the speed... go to crucial memory's website and put in the model of your computer... it will give you exactly what you need.

And as long as it's one of the major brands don't let people try to tell you one brand is better than another of the same speed.... a home user is not going to notice any difference.

BTW I work for a IT dept and I don't mind if people pm me questions about computer stuff

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8854
"
And as long as it's one of the major brands don't let people try to tell you one brand is better than another of the same speed.... a home user is not going to notice any difference."

This is very far from true. Unless the ram has the exact same heatsinks,timing and efficiency they'll perform much different. Let's not forget to mention that some ram requires different voltage as well.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8799
I believe I just said "There are more factors involved in selecting the correct memory than just the speed"

As for performance, show me a case where 2 sticks of memory, same speed from different major brands made a significant difference in performance.... bet you can't.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8864
www.xtremesystems.org/forums

Have a look at benchmarks. You're welcome. Btw, a single frame is significant to me.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8809
I said an actual real world case. Not a link to a forum..... not 3D gaming, not a server, not video processing, a regular system. and one frame is not significant. Most of them don't even use the system for gaming.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us