RE SX 12

Username: Thumperdumper

Sulphur, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 1
I just ordered a new sub and amp. I have never heard RE subs before, just read alot of good stuff on them. What i have is 1 RE SX 12 dual 2 ohm its in a 2 cu. ft slot ported box @ 33Hz. and will have a US Amps MD-1D pushing it, with the new Stinger 15 farad hybrid cap. Im not sure how it will sound, maybe need another battery? my alt puts out 145 amps. any suggestions on how this will perform in a new body ext cab gmc? i have always had kicker cvr's or cvx's. i wanted something different this time.

Post Number: 2
oh and all the wires are twisted pro wires supposed to be the purest copper or something like that

Post Number: 4
oh and all the wiring is twisted pro wires, they are supposed to have the purest copper or something like that

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6888
What vehicle?

You have a nice amp and sub there, it will easily out-class an CVX.

Post Number: 5
its just a ext cab gmc 1500. i built a console between the 2 front seats only place to put a decent sub. and the sub is firing to the back into a wall about 6" away i built.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8753
Forget the cap

Other than that nice equipment

Post Number: 6
im wondering, why is the cap a bad idea? will it hurt anything

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8762
If you already bought it no it won't hurt anything

If you didn't already buy it save your money

Post Number: 7
yeah i have already bought it. It should be arriving UPS this morning sometime.

Post Number: 8
ok i finally got everything in and hooked up. played it on several songs and test tones. it sounds terrible, it has alot of popping on the higher notes and on low bass its moving alot of air and flexing the truck alot but no sound. what might be some things to look for? this is the only system i have heard to do this that i have hooked up. any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 970
Woah woah woah... Is this some sort of copyright infringment joke??

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14304
dude u need to set all ur filters properly & not slam ur sub max from the moment u get it since those r stiff right out of the box & needs to be broken in gently

play at about 1\2 vol for about 2wks gradually increasing the vol as u sense the sub is breaking in ...

Post Number: 9
All filters are set correctly< nothing is turned up bass knob is at min. and everything on headunit for bass and subwoofer settings is all down. i have turned it up to 70% and it mades all them horrible noises. it has been installed for 3 days now and has a little over 40 hours of play time, figured it needed gentle break in period like you had mentioned. Now it is sounding much better and able to turn things up. thanks for the input
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us