Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 972
?

Bronze Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 30
You mean fiberfill as in like polyfill? If so any kind of spray glue should work.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 85
yeah well ive researched that fiberfill is probably the best kind to use and probably where polyfill got its name. i figured so just wanted to make sure...

anyone wanna second that from experience?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18678
Screws. Long ones.

Seriously any decent glue will work. If you're worried try tacking the corners with a staple or two.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4399
Ive usually just put it in there, unglued.
But any spray glue would work.
try hairspray? I hear that loreal is pretty good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
thx. and hairspray? lol. just puttin it in there unglued seems like it could cause problems... if not id wanna do that.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4658
Stapling is the way to go, but you need a very stout staple gun and staples to get into MDF. Fiberfill and Polyfill are two names for basically the same thing... dacron. It works ok but wool and acousta stuff are far better. Don't get the loose stuff, get the roll. Fill isn't really too neccesary for most sub boxes for the simple fact that the boxes are rarely big enough to have standing wave issues anyways. It can tame that bouncy metallic sound character of some boxes though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Ive read that putting polyfill in the box has nothing to do with standing waves...only to do with producing more heat. Regardless, no matter how many posts on forums ive seen it seems theres no one definitive answer people give. Its always this or that and conflict inbetween.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4659
That is a bit twisted around but true. Standing waves mostly occur at higher bass frequencies than those typically found in a subwoofer enclosure, unless it is large enough. That's why I said that sub boxes rarely have standing wave issues anyways. In full range home speakers, the mid-bass frequencies are more liable to create standing waves, which is why almost every store bought speaker will have some sort of fill in them. In general, you will be fine on most all sub boxes with no fill, short of the ones that are the size of a refrigerator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us