Box build help, input needed and appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 236
I had my yukon broken into 4 weeks ago and half my stuff stolen. I am now replacing what i lost and and buying two subs to try out. One is the sub i lost, an ascendant audio avalanche 15" and the other is a tc3000 15" . I wanted to try out the tc3000 first as i already know what the ava sounds like and i was hoping i could have a box built to accomodate either one. I was running my old ava with 1000 watts rms in a small sealed box and now i want to go ported and tuned low, maybe around 28hz. I will cut it off at 63hz. I am looking for clean and tight(as possible), very low, loud output. I could go up to 4 cubes or so as i have alot of space in my yukon. My previous ava sounded awesome with only a 1.5 cu ft sealed box. I just want more output. I listen to a variety of music from trance to metal to classic rock. Is it possible to build a single box to use with either sub? Or do i have to build a box for just one and stick to it? Either way, what specs would you recommend for the box build? Thanks for looking!

aaron,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us