Kevin or somebody: How to wire RD 1000.1

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 73
I'm bout to test my RE SX dual 4 ohms and Idk how to wire it correctly. On the amp it goes |+|-|-|+| Trying to get a 2 ohm load..

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, FI SSD. Hifo...

Post Number: 503
hmm okay so you want 2 ohms on a dual 4 ohm sub i believe the correct wireing is....one posivte wire to both coils then to positive on amp and then one negative wire to both coils then to negative on amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
How does that work with the sub wired in parallel?

Also, is drilling more holes for the screws to mount the sub bad? Or should I just use the same ones and not risk it. Sounds like a stupid question as im typing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
hahah when oyu saying drilling do you when into the sub like for extra mounting holes??? hahah id wouldent do it....just tighten the hell out of the stock ones and why does it need to be in parallel is there another sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 26
Dual 4ohm wired to a 2 ohm load.

Upload

Use the holes provided, no need to add more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
with the set up gave previously your voice coils will be wired in parallel if that is what you were asking

here take a look
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=42

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
You all are not understand my confusion. My sub is wired like the picture shown, but there are 2 negative and 2 positive terminals on the amp. If I only have one positive and one negative wire comming from my sub to the amp where do i put them?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1475
it doesn't matter. Just put on positive in whatever positive hole and put the negative in whatever negative spot.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3271
http://www.rdaudio.net/manuals.htm

read for yourself

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8710
^^^^ what snow said

and they are gonna be able to tell that you used the sub

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2406
The amp has 2 sets of terminals but are in parallel on the inside. It is a mono block, just extra set of terminals.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Ok... so I hooked up the wires to the box terminal and screwed it down. Hooked the wires from the box to the amp, turn car on, no sub power.

Same thing happened when I tried my used brahma mkiv that ive been kicking and punching. Im starting to think it might not've been broke because no matter what I do not even the SX will work.

What in the hell could it be? I hooked the SX up in free air from the amp and it was working fine... I dont see why the box terminal would cause any problems though.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3272
did you hook up the wires from the sub to the inside of the terminal on your box? if so, make sure they aren't loose.

double check to make sure you wired the sub correctly.

hook up the neg wire to the far right neg terminal on the amp.

hook up the pos wire to the far left terminal on the amp.

is the remote wire from the amp to the head unit hooked up the amp, and in the correct terminal.

if your amp is getting power, you may have chopped that wire somewhere along the line.

make sure the RCAs are securely attached, both to the amp and to the headunit. you may have also pinched these wires somewhere.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Thanks. As far as pinching a wire I believe thats not it. Like I mentioned the same thing happened with my other sub.

Ive noticed when I wire the sub from pos to neg, neg to pos on the sub and a wire from the positive and negative on one side of the sub to a battery or the amp, it doesnt move.

Although, when its wired just one coil it works... hmm ganna do some more testing.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3273
have you tried wiring it like the diagrams given in this thread?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
I am the worlds dumbest person. My sub I thought was broke works. I had it wired wrong.

Kill me. Thats about 500 dollars of wasted spending on subs because i didnt recheck wiring.

Use me as an example ecoustics.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Whoever said the sx doesn't sound good in sealed should've said it doesnt sound AS good. Low end sounds fine to me. Without even adjusting gain/bass boost right and with 400 watts short of what it needs it sh1ts on everything ive ever heard.

So, at 12:30 at night I am very satisfied. I guess Im going to try out that brahma now.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2651
Glad you got it figured out man.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1525
porr it and you'll see hot thart sub will really shine..night and day bro.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I've ended up with about 3 different sets of holes on the box.. i figured since they dont go threw all the way that it wouldnt be a problem.

Although, there is A problem.. and I THINK it might be from re-screwing the sub back into the same hole.. not sure but theres some air comming out the cracks where the sub touches the box on the top part.

Other than that yeah the SX pounds real decent.

What should I expect from the FI Q with 1000 watts instead of 600 to the SX? Also ganna add some polyfill when the Q comes in.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8711
Q should give you better low end.

To seal around the sub to the box I use rubber weather strip from the hardware store.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
I'll pick some of that up tomorrow thanks man.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8825
Make sure you have an experienced installer look over everything before you blow something up =/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us