Alphas sealed

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 991
so due to lack of space in my new ride i had to run my aplhas sealed, i already started the box today and jsut wanted to know if anyone has ran there alphas sealed and how the sounded...2 12" alphas(original ones) with a 1750.1

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 992
bump anyone...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 993
bump...

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2409
You got the V1's right. If so, they sound pretty good and have good output in sealed. What size box ya got?

Kevin

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 994
yeah they are the v1's got them from you around last year i think along with the 1750.1, the box is 3 cuft...any idea on what to set the amp @ now that im going sealed(amp was set up for old box that was ported)i know subsonic needs to be off or at zero, but what about lpf... if it matter i also have 5 1/4 infinitys in the front door running off a small 2 channel amp...thanks

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2410
LPF can be set at 50-70, just depends on your likes really. What did you have it at in ported?

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 402
LPF should be set 80-90HZ in a sealed box for them. They will sound good but may possibly lack low bass extention in that sized box.

If they do you could try adding polyfill and see what that does.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 995
thanks kevin and steve, i had them ported to the specs on rds site i believe it was 38hz in a 5 cuft box. i wanted to go ported but space is an issue now, so ill try them out sealed and i was gunna add polyfill neways but thanks for recommending it steve, and if this doesnt work out is there maybe an rd sub i can run off the 1750.1 ported and the biggest box would be 3 cuft...thanks guys

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2411
You could run 2 Sonance 12's in 3 cubes ported. Pretty awesome subs all around.

Kevin

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 996
thanx ill have to keep those in mind, but im gunna try out the alphas sealed first...ill let u know how it goes and post pics when im done the install this weekend most likely

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 470
the sonance v2 are just like the alphas v1 but can be used in a smaller box

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2412
Ok cool. Let me know how that sounds for ya :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4571
when i had my alpha sealed it sounded like shtttttttttt. got loud but the quality just wasent there shines in a ported box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us