One or Two? 10 or 12?

Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 10
OK well I have been doin A LOT of reading on this board some GREAT info. Now I have narrowed it down to a Adire Brahma Sub. Would you suggest a 10 or 12"? 1 or 2? The car is a daily ride, just looking for some real crisp, clean, powerfull bass. The car is a 00 Mustang coupe if it matters at all.
What amp to use? Im thinking JL 1000/1?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 57
Good stuff,

A ten is tighter (punch, feel in chest)
A twelve sounds deeper (more sound, more air movement)
2 are louder than 1

A sub needs to be in a certain air size box
Can the mustang fit 2?
(Box too small will make bass sound higher pitched and you will get less volume than the correct box, box too big will sound deep, but you are moving into free-air and you may not get the sq out of your speakers)

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 412
One Brahma should be enough, since you want a crisp, clean sound, Brahmas are very powerful subs. I like the Brahma 12's the best. Very responsive, they can drop lower than the ten and the benefit of those subs is the inductance is low, so you get the SPL and deep bass of a 12 with the tightness and responsiveness of a 10. With a Brahma 12" for good sound quality, I recommend a 1.0 cu ft sealed box and a JBL 600.1 amp, or if you want the flexibility to upgrade and add another Brahma, you could get a JBL 1200.1 amp and wire for the sub for a 4 ohm load, would get 600W continuous just like the 600.1 would give it, and you could get another in the future if you ever want it.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 413
Also, that JL 1000/1 would push a Brahma very nicely, overlooked that part of your thread, wasn't sure if that was in your price range. One 12" Brahma anywhere from .75-1.0 cu ft. enclosure with a JL 1000/1 would be an awesome setup. Brahma in a .75 cu ft enclosure running off a 1000/1 would give an almost perfect performance as far as pushing the sub to x-max, although Adire does recommend 1.0 with their 12 for optimum sound quality, the 1.0 would require a bit less power and drop a little lower with a flatter response, and the power isn't too extreme so it won't blow your sub. You probably won't push that sub near it's full potential anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 11
The stang can fit 2 12" subs but I think from what you all are saying I should just stick with one 12 and a JL 1000/1... Now to figure out what head unit and interior speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 39
The biggest box that would fit in my friends mustang is a box that fits 2 12's, but it is only 1 cubic foot of air space in each side. i have taht box in my car now and it hits pretty good.

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 40
it is an angle box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us