Truck Subs

hey i was just wondering what the difference between truck boxes and normal boxes was... is it possible to get the low bass with a thiner truck box? also, is it possible for you to port a truck box? can a sub in a truck be as loud as a sub in a car?

Thaks for your replies

Richie

Adam
I have truck boxes to for my yoda. Theres not much that you can do with a truck box. Whatever you do you dont want to have ported truck boxes. It screws the bass all up and theres no way you can get it to sound like a car box.

hi.
i have a kicker solo bric 12"
i also have a gmc sonoma truck and i dont now
what kind of box to install, seald,port,vented
can you help me

thank you
yaron mor for israel

Anonymous
Is there any way to fit 2 12 inch subs under the seat of a 98 gmc ext cab truck?

Hey
Well i'm buying a 1970 GMC 3/4 ton Truck the special Edition Longhorn....now it only has an AM radio :(:( and i know i should keep it looking like i've done nothing...but what could i put in for good sound?? There isnt much room behing the seat because the gas tank is there...but i was thinking under the seat maybe or up under the dash....i'm looking for at least a 10" sub...ne suggestions?????please mail me back..thanx

I have a 97 ford f-150 extended cab pickup and want to build a box to hold one or two 12" woofer to be mounted under the rear seat please send bluebrint if available

I have a 93 chevy extended cab, full sized pick up and want to build a box to hold one 10" woofer to be mounted under the the rear seat, please send a blue print or sugestions

EEstudent
I have a 98 Dodge Ram reg cab w/two 10" JL Audio W3 in 1.25 cu ft ported boxes, powered by a mmats d200. The bass isn't as tight as it was in my old sealed enclosures, but much, much louder. My rear view mirror is completely worthless, after a minute or so with the stereo up, all I can see in my mirror is the front edge of my center console. Yaron,
The solobarics can get down and pound in both very small sealed and ported enclosures. Make sure to bring plenty of power if going sealed.

I just bought a 95 chevy k-1500 regular cab. I just put in a alpine deck and i want to put in 2 10" subs... But what subs work the best in small trucks? I put 2 12" rockfords in my bros ex. cab s-10 and it sounds good, but i dont have an ex. cab. I was thinking MTX's?
Also should i put them behind the seats or under the seats?
Please email me with info.

Thanks
-Nick

EEstudent
nick, check out http://www.ddaudio.com/caraudio/enclosureInfo/chevyFullSizeStdCab.asp
for sketch that should work well for your truck. As fas as small enclosure 10's, Jl, eclipse alum, solobaric's all pound

i have a mazda b2200 with extended cab. i have had many diffret subs in my truck. i had a set of jbl audio 12 in in a band pass box and it was good quality and very loud. i have had 2 mtx 12 in with american legacy 800 watt amp and you could hear about 4 blocks away but the sound quality was horrible. right know i am tring a brand wich i think is under rated, and that is volfenhag. i bouht 2 12 in subs and a 4 channel 1000 watt volfenhag amp, i have never heard in my area two 12 in subs hit that clear and lound. you can hear them about 5 to 7 blocks away clearly. they are in a enclosed box but they can be used in ported and band pass box.

I have a 1983 GMC pickup and i want to install two 10" subs in to it but i was wondering if they make a box that fits behind the seat for two 10s if so email me with a plac that produces them. thanks
danny

I have an 1986 3/4 ton dodge reg cab. Right now I have two 10's inseparate .65 volume enclosures. I have been trying to find a design for a 3.5 ported dual enclosure. Does anyone know where I can find a design for this, orr where the best place to put the port to eliminate the huffing sound from poorly designed boxes?

Anonymous
I have a 1998 GMC sierra ext cab, and want to install 2 10" subs underneath the back seat and was wondering if anyone had the plans to accomplish this. If so please send the plans or a website with them.

Hey, I don't know much about this so im asking 4 someones help.. I have an 90 ford singel cab. and i want good sound and great bass. So wut sorta box and sub and wut watt amp would i need. thank you.

Anonymous
Hi, I have a question. I have a 1999 Dodge Ram single cab. I bought
a Rockford Fosgate Punch 700s 700watt amp. Will this amp work with
the 12 inch solobaric speakers and will they fit in my truck and
work properly?? If not, could you tell me some that would? I would
like to upgrade to 12's. Currently I have 2 10 inch Punch XLC speakers
that are about 3 years old. Will the 700s amp get more bass out
of them? I have a Hifonics Zeus 100 (100 watts I believe?) running
the XLCs currently. Also, can I fit 6x9's in my doors? And have
the Hifonics amp run those? And if I did, would I need another battery
source with both amps? If so, what is a great pair of 6x9s that
would work well with new subs or current ones? I know very little
in this subject and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
for you time. I am currently deployed in the Middle East and dont
have access to ny truck at this time. In other words what would
work well with my new amp? I am very interested in buyin!
g the Kickers and will buy them from you if it will work or 10s
for that matter if they would outperform my current set-up. Thanks
again for your time! Take care!

I have a 98 dodge ram reg. cab with jesen 6x9 in the front doors and a fosgate 400s amp pushing two fosgate 12's in boxes behind the seats and it is all you can do to sit in thier with the radio turned up. I am currently looking at a box for my truck on soundoffaudio.com that looks pretty promising.

I have a 2000 Chevy pickup with a 1995 - up style body , someone please send me the drawings to put a 12 under my bench seat

Hey i have a 93 chevy k1500 regular cab and i need help with where to put my too 10inch subs. I wanted them behind the seat but i dont kno what to do for a box. And how big of an amp do i need for the subs, they are 450's and a 200watt deck, with original truck speakers (for now)?

flipper
I would say the magic number for a single 12 behind the seat of a regular cab is 1.5 cu ft with a 3 inch port 8 inches long keep port towards the top of the box facing passenger side also keep the hole box closest to the drivers side to maximize air push

Austin De La Hoya
Owning a 1988 Chevy Balzer Taheo, with all imported parts, 2 KXL 16" subs on each corner behind the back seats. Slappin in 4 60wt speakers in the door and seat with 3 35wt speakrs on the dash.. Kahhh---Blammmm..

Anonymous
Please Help! I own a 2001 Chevy S-10 and i want to put some subs and a amp in it to have some good sound! I don't know what size i could fit behind the seat?!?! please help! The truck isn't a extended cap it normal and behind the seat is small!!

Please Help! I own a 2001 Chevy S-10 and i want to put some subs and a amp in it to have some good sound! I don't know what size i could fit behind the seat?!?! please help! The truck isn't a extended cap it normal and behind the seat is small!! please email me thankz

Hey I have a 91' Toyota 2wd Pickup. I was wondering how I could put a sub and amp inside it. Also, what size should it be. It is a single cab. Im not sure cause I had a Civic and upgraded to the truck.

I have a 92 Ford ranger reg cab and i am trying to figure out if i can fit subs behind the seat i am thinking i will build my own box and buy a sub with a smaller magnet but im not sure how good it will sound cause there is no air space what do u recomend doing.

I'm fixing to buy a 67 GMC truck and I wanted to know if there's any way to put 2 12's under the seat with 2 behind the seat because I'm going to cut out the gas tank.

I have a standard cab 94 gmc sonoma and im building a box for 2 10 inch alpine type r's. im eventually going to get 4 10's but for now my parents would only allow 2. what kind of box should i put these 2 subs in? ported or sealed. ive also seen bandpass truck boxes built but thats too much work for me. if anyone could help me out id appreciate it a lot.
Keith

I had an eclipse with 2 12" solo baricl5's with just a 500 watt mono amp. Now after a couple speeding tickets i have a 2002 chevy silverado 1500 and it's the base of all base models and i was wondering if there was any way that i could put my old system into my new truck and how? Also I am 6'4"

hi all, um i have a 96 Ford Extended cab anyone got any ideas on a box that will fit my truck and what speakers will sound best?

I have one 10" kicker solobaric in a large vented box behind the seat of my standard cab F150 and it sounds great. I it clean and loud. I have gone to a couple SPL compitions and I have got it up to 142.3 DB. And it is oly getting 300 watts RMS and 600 Peak.

Anonymous
Hi, i have a 89 s-10 w/bucket seats and i was wanting 2 know what size subs would fit behind the seats. I want 2 put 2 subs in if possible. What kind of subs would u recommend for this.I want 2 put 2 8in. in it but i want at least 500 wats from each speaker but i don't know if 10's will fit.
,Thanx

I have a 1988 GMC extended cab, full-size pickup and want to build a box to hold one 10" woofer to be mounted under the the rear seat. If anyone has a blue print or sugestions, please email them to me.

I think almost everybody in here that wants to find sub boxes for thier gmc or standard cabs have it easy. All you have to do is spend a couple minutes looking it up online. There is all kind of places with those types of boxes because theres is a reasonable amount of room for them. Now what I need help is I have a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab and want to put in 2 10's but theres a catch, I want to keep the jump seats. If you can help me please reply or drop an e-mail Flip1569@yahoo.com. Thanks

I have a chevy s10 extended cab and was wanting to know where I can hide some bass? I sometimes have people in the rear section, is there any possibilities as far as under the seats, or does anyone have a better solution. The year is a 2003

thanks,
Tom

Anonymous
I have a 98 s-10 regular cab with a bench seat.I was wondering what was the best size subs to put behind the seat would be? I've tried all kinds of boxes but thay are to big.

Anonymous
I also have a dodge pickup but its an 89 i have blaupunkt 6x9s in the door it sounds good an they will fit i also have a kenwood sub behind the seat

Shawn
I have a 1991 S-10. I have recently bought a 10inch Virtual Technologies RH10 Sub. Now the question is where can i find a box and stash it without sliding my bench seat all the way up. I dont want to lose Leg Room. If anyone has a regular cab and found a place for a box, then help me figure this out.

Anonymous
Richie i have two 12'' Rockford he2 subs in a 1500 reg cab chevy.and you was asking if a sub can be every bit as loud as in a car Well it can be if your setup is right.I hitt 149.3 DBs with my setup.Also it's cheaper to build your own box I built mine out of 3/4s mdf and fiberglass just for extra bracing.It is 4.1/2 cubic feet and the back is similar to a regular truck box but my console is also part of the box if anybody wants a blueprint of it just E-mail me

Hi i have a 98 s-10 got 2 10in sony xplod's and 1 12in jl i made my box and it is ported when i got it all hooked up my back glass kinda fell out. oops, well who says a truck cain't thump.

Anonymous
Is there any way to fit 2 12 inch subs under the seat of a 95 silverado ext cab truck?

Country Gyrl
I have a 92 GMC Sonoma extended cab and i wanna put 2 10's or 2 12's in the back with and amp, but i wanna try and scrimp on room so i can still haul 4 ppl, does anyone have any ideas, im a girl, and so my hillbilly's will put it in for me, but im clueless on what to do, or what kind of box etc. Please help me, I just got a new cd player and it sounds great, but it needs more...

Anonymous
i have a 98 chevy single cab,full size, and would like to put 2 10s in it. i was wondering how i could do this and what kind of boxes and speakers i need. any info would be appreciated

I have a 98 toyota tacoma reg. cab. I have 2 12" subs in separate 10" boxes just with the hole cut bigger. The seats muffle the subs and the boxes rattle so im thinking of getting 2 10" subs in custom boxes. any ideas?

motoman22
Val, the 12" subs need a larger enclosure than 10" subs (in most cases anyway.)

Custom boxes are always the best way to go. They are designed with your exact speakers, your exact vehicle, and your musical taste in mind.

Might as well keep the 12" subs if your installer can fit them properly. If not, 10" subs work great too..

HI..i have a problem...i have a Mazda B2600 single cab, but with decent space behind the seat. I currently run a single kicker 10" 2003 comp. It is in THE kicker factory truck box with the kicker logo, pushed by the kicker 120.2 This system POUNDS, for the $ i put into it. But i want to upgrade to a 10" L5 kicker, and i dont want to buy the sub/box package with the metal box( if any of u know what im talking about.its in the crutchfield magazine) I dont want that box but its the only one i can find that fits in my truck, does anyone have any blueprints or suggestions where i can find a 10" L5 truck box for my new sub????

Anonymous
Hey I was wonderin. I have a 75 Land Cruiser fj40. I want to put small subs that have clear cut sound and no after shock . I don't know where to fit them in the back. I want to put it under neath the seats but i was wondering if u guys have any ideas on what type of speaker to put there and where to put it to get the best sound posible. Thanx

I have a 1993 ford ranger with four Audio-Pipe 15's, and 2 JL audio 10 W7's and 4 Fosgate 760 amps, and 2 JBL 300 amps, with a lightning audio capacitor. on top of all that i have 4 pioneer 6x8's, and a kenwood DVD player. now tell me that you can't put a system in a truck.

Hey i have a 1996 chevy truck single cab. I want to put in some strong bass. Does anyone have any suggestions on how or what to install?

haha
ok heres what your going to do . First get a Alpine head unit. That will send bass to any kind of speaker.ok.because it has its own sub level adjuster and its best for a truck because it NEVER skips. get it. Then you get type R two way Alpine for the front and A Type R subs for the back and your set.as far as installing well. If you dont know how i would nt trust it. go have a perfesional do it. Fixing up a car is up to u but when itcomes to electronics youd better have a guy do it that knows what he's doing.

I have a 1996 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab. I just purchased two 10" MTX 6000 series subs. I was just wandering if anyone had any suggestions on what size boxes to build to hold these but to still have enough room to drive without hitting my knees. Please send me any information if u dont mind.

1992 Toyota 4-Runner

Right now I have a Sony CDX 2180 40watt, with stock speakers. I dont know much about car audio so any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Can I stick with the cd player or should I get a new one, what subs should I put where, what brands are good and which are bad? Thanks!

I have an 89 chevy S10 extended cab i was wondering if anyone had blueprints for a sub box for 2 12's??? ive looked everywhere for them if anyone has them could u please email them to me
thanks

i have a 98 s-10 and want some subs that pound massively but the only problem is that i have a reg. cab. someone at circuit city told me that mtx is the best sub for my truck but i don't know. i also need to know what box,amp,and mounting location for all of this is. any info. will be greatly appreciated e-mail me at davent69@yahoo.com

zacdavis
david, #1use 10's, #2use a sealed box, #3look for subs with a small cubic volume recommendation, #4 you can place your amp under the seat or flush it into the middle of the box
feel free to e-mail me w/your questions on product or any other needed advice, i've done many installs on s-10's, everywhere from two 8's to eight 12's in the bed firing into the cab. so it's all in what you want, zacdavis@sbcglobal.net

hey i have a 1998 Ford F-150 extended cab. i want to put 2 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 under the back seat. Is there any possible way of this ever happening? Email please at gimpy3807@hotmail.com or instant message on AOL. My screen name is gimpy3807.

Thank you,
Jake

I have a 91 s-10 single cab with a bench seat. i want to buy some 10' subs but before i buy them i want to know will they fit and whare would i buy a small enough box? Do i build one or what? email at mcarter1587@aol.com

Unregistered guest
I have a '95 chevy extended cab p/u, and two 12in. memohis audio. Is there a box that can house the two subs and be completely under the rear seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us