Single sub for the trunk...

Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 4
Ok I thought I was set on getting a W7 but now everyone is saying ID max and Brahma? Are as good or better for less? Which sub would give me clean, crisp, power from just one sub? 10, 12? Where can I buy the subs? I found a place that sells JL W7 12" brand new for $552.00
Should I put the box in trunk facing the rear of car or should I mount it in my spare tire well?

Thanks

Anonymous

get the w7 the other ones can sound as good and get just as loud but there not going to last you as long and when you mount it have so when you open your trunk it is facing you

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 7
Thats the way I have had all my other systems in my cars before just checkin I was right. Is there any reason not to put the sub int the spare tire area?

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
hmmm w7 yes very good but i am friends with a person who owns his own business and he told me personally, caz he doesnt carry these subs, that Orion H2 are gunna do just as good and i know where you can get one 10 for around 300 and the best 10w7 i found has been 425....a little better spl i hear from the H2 but just under the sq a w7 has....hope it helps..... i cant find Brahma anywhere to buy em......???

AZmatt
Unregistered guest
http://www.sound-foundations.us/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3

u can buy brahmas there

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 391
Brahmas and ID Maxxes will last just as long. Their build quality is just as good. It's all your preference of sub, but I like both better than the W7 and they're both much cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 235
Stick with one JL W7 that will be enough for a truck cab.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 651
i would go with a 12" brahma man

near exactly the same for SQ/SPL

and anonymous is retarded cuz brahmas last a hella long time...theyre brahmas, not pyramid or pyle or boss

if you wanna pay the extra $200-250 for the w7, go right ahead but i think the brahma is a better buy

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 8
What amp for one 12" Brahma or ID Maz sub?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 409
JL 1000/1 for an ID Max if possible, for the Brahma it really depends on the type of enclosure it's in. Look at this site, at the bottom right, it gives box options and how much power you'll need to get full potential out of the sub. http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahm a/
Once you decide on a box, I can recommend an amp for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us