Jonathan or Glasswolf Help Me Please

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 65
Hey, I got a problem I'm going to buy 2 new 12s as soon as you guys tell me what you think.

Right now I'm torn between 2 Cerwin Vega V-max 12s
and 2 Kicker CompVR 12s. Can you tell me in your opinion which you think is better. I'm want both SPL and SQ and If you guys think the Cerwins are the way to go. I want to use a ported box. What size do you recommend for the Cerwins? Thanks for the help guys I really need it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
nevermind I decided I'm going to go with a sealed box. So what size should it be. Also would a JBL 600.1 be a good amp for these subs?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 384
The V-maxes have very good sound quality. I'd do 12's. I like them. A JBL 600.1 would be great for them. I'd do the Vegas, not around as much as Comp VR's (or at least where I'm from), and the Vegas do have very good SQ and SPL with a 19mm x-max. Do a 1 cu. ft. per sub sealed, then staple about an inch of loose polyfill (pillow stuffing, get it at Wal-mart, it's exactly the same as the name brands you would buy) inside the box on each side (excluding the side where the driver is mounted). Should be very nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Thanks for the reply jonathan so I guess the cerwins will be what I'm going to order. Thanks once again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us