What ohms would this be or would it work at all. (john-glass or anybody)

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
guys i have a 2ohms dvc sub and i was wondering if i got a 2ohm stable mono amp if i could run two positive cables to the two positive coils and two negative cab;s to the two negative coils. i didn't know if that would give me a 4ohm load or not. i already looked at the sites that show wiring but they don't show briging of amps or any thing like that

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 376
Mono amp can't be bridged, don't know what you're getting at on that. One 2 ohm DVC sub can be wired for either 4 or 1 ohm, so if you're only going to run that one sub and never upgrade, get a 2 channel and bridge it for 4 ohms, wire the sub as such:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=1&impedance=DVC2x2
Wire it for a 4 ohm load. If you eventually plan to upgrade to two subs, get a mono sub amp that puts out the recommended RMS of the sub on a 4 ohm load, and wire the sub the same way as the site said, then when you do add another one you can wire the other sub the same way to the amp to get a 2 ohm load and double the power (if the amp's good).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us