JL
MTX

Bad:
Jensen
Sony
Anything carried at Wal-mart....

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 60
I would agree that the JBL and JL's are good amp manufacturers. Kicker and MTX are pretty descent as well. Seems like your list is pretty much on the money, except your missing quite a few more amps that are good, but just aren't on your list.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 39
If you want a list heres a list.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Username: Chris_baller

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
can you guys help me with step by step installation of my car audio stuff. I just bought a rockford fosgate amp and some 10" subs in box an i have a blaupunkt cd deck

Anonymous

chris you should go to a audio shop and get them to do the install for you. Are get someone like a friend that knows how to install to do it for you.
Are you could search the web and find some sites that can tell you step by step how to do the install.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 95
Here you go chris.

This is gonna be a basic install.

Run at least a 8 gauge power wire and if your anywhere from 400 and above on rms wattage run a 4 gauge power wire. Make sure to fuse the power wire no more then 18 inches from the battery. To determine fuse size for every 100 rms you need 10 amp fuse. So if you have a 500 rms amp you need a 50 amp fuse.

Next you will need a ground wire. Make sure you run this from the body of the vehicle. Scrape away the paint from the grounding point to get a good ground. You can also use a bolt already existed. Make sure to use the same size ground wire as the power wire and keep it short as possible.

Next will be the remote wire. On the back of your deck you should have a wire labeled rem or it should be a blue wire with a white stripe. Run a blue power wire of around 14 gauge from the blue and white wire to the rem on your amp. Also you can run your rcas at the same time. Make sure to run the rcas opposite the power wire.

Thats pretty much it for a basic install.

Username: Chris_baller

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks davids the install was perfect except for my defective amp that i brought back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us