Amp kits?

pete
Unregistered guest
i have a mtx 6001 mono amp down to 2ohm=600 x 1, and a mtx 4004=50w x 4, what gauge amp kit do you suggest for both? thanks

Username: Gettingtooold

Post Number: 3
i reccomend a 4 gauge wiring kit for the 6001 and an 8 guage for the 4004. Better to be safe than sorry. One other thing to make sure of is if both of these gauges will fit in the terminal on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 127
Just get a 1/0 guage wiring kit. Then get a distribution block that accepts 1/0 gauge input and has 4 guage output.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 35
Get the streetwires 4 gauge kit it comes with EVERYTHING you will need for the install.

Username: Grantley

North Canton, Ohio

Post Number: 2
Actually man go here... www.knukonceptz.com
I have gotten my last 3 kits from them and they have more strands than Streetwires or any other wiring so it means that you'll be getting more power running thru more strands. You get the grommets to go thru your firewall, and every other connector you'll need. They have their kits already made up and it they make the remote wire built into their 20' RCA cable they include so it tidies up the whole thing. The kit you're looking for is the 4 gauge like what was said and it will run you about $30 from Knukonceptz. Plus the wires they make look better... transparent blue and silver

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 88
I agree with grantley about knukonceptz. They have flat rate shipping and they have the lowest prices and 2-3 day priority shipping. I get all my wire stuff from them.

jas
Unregistered guest
wen u buy tha mtx 6001 its says theres a sticker rite on it sayin use only 4gauge

Unregistered guest
I just bought a 2400w Rockford Fosgate 801s amp. Any suggestions on the wire size I should get to power it? I want to go with the 0 gauge, but is it unnecessary. Tell me the positives and the negatives, please.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3572
800 watts total
4AWG is fine for that.
you don't need 2ga or 1/0ga until you go over 12 feet at 800 watts.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us