W7???

Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Well I have a 00 Mustang the trunk space is small but I want a system, nothing to crazy. Was looking at a W7 12" sub? Heard great things bout them. How would 1 12" sub be? I just want hard clean bass. What kinda box? I kinda like sealed. Any specific dimensions? What is a good amp for that sub? Where is a good place to buy both?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 346
They're good subs, but expensive. I'd do ID Max, Resonant Engineering, Elemental Designs, Adire Audio Brahma. All those I listed are much cheaper, and are just as good to most's ears, in the end you are the one who needs to decide which is best for you. One 12 of any of the subs I mentioned should be enough for most anybody. JL W7's need a 1.375 cu ft. enclosure, ID maxxes are best in a 1.3 cu ft sealed, an Adire Brahma 12 and Elemental Designs E12A both work best in a 1.0 cu ft enclosure. Sealed boxes should be fine, they're the tightest and will give good SPL if you have a good amp to push them with. There's not a huge difference between the box sizes, but a little if you're very discriminating about trunk space. In all it's what you think sounds the best, my favorite won't necessarily be yours.

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
hmmm well i would say for the money get 1 ORION H2 12 and put it in a sealed box...ebay.com for the sub...amp u can get alot. My personal favorite is the 1000/1 by jl audio or the new xenon amp by Pheonix gold...

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 119
If you have lot's of money to spend then get a 10" JL W7 and a JL 500/1 amp to power it.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 228
With a W7 you should have been hearing great to fantastic things, i think its the best sub. excluding team specail builds and such.

Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 2
Why the W7 10" and not a 12" with the JBL 500.1? I really just want something with crisp, clean, powerfull bass. Only looking for one sub b/c the trunk area is small and I do not want to add to much weight to the car.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 124
The 10" will give you the bass you want and all you need for a mustang. Those W7's are a lot louder than you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us