Here is what I'm makin, what do ya think?

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 48
Please, tell me what you think but be respectful if you don't agree. I wanna know what everyone thinks before I go buying more of my system. But this is what I wanna finish with. The Sub amp is still being pondered in my mind, so I dunno what I'll do for that just yet. Also, I'm still torn between Memphis subs, and Eclipses.

Okay.
HU- JVC SH9700
Line Driver- Audio Control Matrix 6CH
Amp- Kicker KX800.4 (for my components)
Speakers- Infinity Perfect 6.1 set in front
Speakers- Infinity Perfect 5.1 set in back

Sub system, I'm not sure. I kinda like the Memphis LVS subs, but I think that they may be a. a bit overkill, and b. I'm not sure what kind of SQ they can do.

And again, I don't know what amp I'll use for my subs.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 219
I like it so far. I wouldnt worry about overkill. Mabey get the Memphis subs with another Kicker AMP that you had for the components (of course higher Watts)

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 73
Before you spend any money on the back speakers. I would just get the front ones and see if ya like it. If you do then you dont even need the back ones.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 50
Thanks for the input, I'm actually thinking with something like a class D 1000 watt Memphis amp, and I'm gonna be working with some Memphis subs this weekend, and hopefully I'll like them enough to get myself a set(the set I'm doin this weekend are my friends). But I also like the idea of me just getting one set of the 6.1's and going from there. Thanks for the input guys.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 343
Just so you know, that line driver isn't going to fix a weak head unit signal. I know the line driver is good deal of money, and you'll be wasting if you think it'll help a noise problem from a weak signal. Those JVC units are 2V and high impedance, so the signal isn't very clean and has a high noise floor. A line driver is nothing but a voltage amplifier, and it takes the weak, noisy low voltage signal and amplifies it to a louder, higher voltage noisy signal, the only difference is that the gain on the amp will be lower, but the amount of noise that is there will be exactly the same. A signal is only as good as it's source, for example, you could have the best amps and components in the world, but if you play crappy MP3s on them, it'll still sound like a crappy MP3. Same with the line driver, it can only boost the bad signal, not correct it. Just don't want to see you waste the bucks. I recommend forgetting the line driver altogether for now, if you want more voltage you're best off upgrading the head unit. An Eclipse 8454 with it's 8V preouts have a very clean sound, a line driver for it would be good because the signal is clean to start with, and also it will convert the output signal to a balanced output. You need a higher voltage/low impedance head unit to reap the benefits of a line driver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us