8" and 12" subs

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 87
I have two amps going in tomorrow, looking to purchase subs soon. Need TWO 8" in 0.5cf sealed each, and ONE 12" that will go in a 2.0cf ported, tuned at 37hz.

For power, the two 8's will be running off an Audiobahn A8002T, I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 250x2 rms @ 2 ohm stereo. Or they could be wired in parallel for a bridged 4 ohm load.

The single 12 has an Audiobahn A16000V amp, it's fused for 80A, so lets say 800W RMS output at 2 ohm mono.

Max SPL is the goal, but SQ wouldn't hurt. Any suggestions for 8" and 12" sub(s)? I'm trying to stay around 400$ for all three.

I should note that the 8" enclosure only has 4" depth. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2637
What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you using the 8s as midbass, or are you running all three as a sub stage?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1230
ya if your using the 8s as a midbass thats fine but if you are using all 3 as subs you will have problems such as cancellation

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1427
i have a pair of very nice 8" CDT carbon fiber midbass drivers if your interested.

Bronze Member

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 88
Please explain the cancellation issue. I was originally intending on using all three as subs. I've done this before and it seemed to work good.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2638
I am not an expert, and am not really able to explain it to you...there are lots of good sites out there that can provide this info. However, what I can tell you is doing two sizes of subs is definitely not your optimal situation, and you should strongly consider switching up your plans. Why not just go with two 12s or something?

Bronze Member

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 89
I'm really limited on space. This is all going in a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, the dual 8" enclosure and amps fit nicely behind the rear seats, but two 8's just doesn't do it for me. It should be noted that this is the small frontier, so there isn't a scrap of space left behind the rear seats after the two 8's, and no room under the rear seat.

I've had subs in these locations before, and the two 8's behind the rear seat, with the 12" sounded money, almost like two big 12's were back there, and this was using 550w power total for all three.

Somehow there must be a way to incorporate all three with the two amps I have without too many drawbacks. Surely the addition of a beefy 12" sub will offset any of the cancellation issues, but I'm not sure.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1234
i know wolfman was doing 135dbs with 2 re8s

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4264
inside looks like this i assume?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac