Building a sytstem...

Username: Neokiloki

Texas United States

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to put together a system for my new car, problem is I only have 7 cubic ft. of trunk space. In my other car I had 4 12's and 2 amps all squeezed tightly into a Grand prix trunk. Its pretty loud but not outrageous. In this new car I want it to be even louder, but I don't really know what direction to go on speakers. I have been looking at Orion, AudioBahn, Boss, and JL Audio. I'd like 2 12's and I think I can fit that. The other system was quantity over quality. This time I am going the opposite route. Price is somewhat an issue, but not that much. Any suggetsions? Also should I go 2 or 4 ohm. 2ohm is louder , but 4ohm is better SQ? Also can you reccomend an amp to match your suggestions..... THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2666
7cf is quite a bit a room for a trunk car, if you can get it through the opening.

I don't know who told you that 2ohm is louder but they were full of sh!t. 2ohm and 4ohm or D4 and D2 etc. will offer you various wiring options with different impedance loads.

You need to post a detailed budget.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8433
umm

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2667
Something wrong, M.S.? lol

Texas United States

Post Number: 2
under 1500 for speakers, box, and amps, maybe a little more.......

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4267
How much power did you have in your last system? What amp did you use, exact brand a model would help. Also what subs did you have previously? This way, I can say, these 2 subs and this amplifier would definitely do more justtice than your previous system.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4268
Lol nvm.

"2 1800/watt RF amps pushing 2 kicker 12 cvr's and 2 mtx sledgehammer 12's"

What kind of RF amps were these?

Texas United States

Post Number: 3
The amps are Rockford Fosgate Punch 601s rated at 1800 watts max. I had 2 speakers running off each amp with each amp using a tsunami 5 farad cap. don't ask me about how its wired up(series parallel) because I dont understand all that. I just had wired up straight poitive to poistive and negative to negative with no criss crossing wires.I think it sounded pretty good and I routinely set off car alarms in parking lots. I still have all that equipment but I want to go with something new. If I reuse anything it will be the caps and amps.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1238
not to rag on you bud but you cant just hook up positive to neg how ever you feel like it there is a math to getting ohm loads to match which i myself do not know but lots of people on here can help you with if you ask. not asking can result in blown amp/subs as well as other probs

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4270
Sell it all, and add that to the total to your budget of $1500. Should have close to $2000 and that'll really buy you a nice system.

With that amount of money, theres a lot of different setups you can work with.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4271
"don't ask me about how its wired up(series parallel) because I dont understand all that."

Your going to need to learn if you want your equipment to last.

www.bcae1.com
http://bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us