Please help with new build

Username: Bass_freak

Cravens, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 1
I have a 86 GMC Jimmy SUV. I would like to know which subs would do best in a suv.Im thinking either Kicker Solo X 18, RE Audio XXX 18, DD Audio. What would do best in a SUV. Im lookin for loud DEEP hard hitting bass that'll shake the whole block. Im lookin to spend about 1500 dollars on the subs.Also need help with a amp.What would be a cheap yet good amp.10000 watts minimum. Or what would be some good amps to hook up to a maxx-link.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 435
Here are some questions you should answer so people can help you better.

Is the $1500 for just subs or is it for evrything?

Do you have a stock charging system? If you do you will not be able to run 10000w. you will need to upgrade your charging system...alot!

Post Number: 2
1500 is just for subs. I have a stock charging system but that'll all be upgraded.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3218
you want to run 10k wrms daily?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 740
SOLO X'S 18'S!!!!!!!!

lol but man ur gonna need alot of power and then aa big electrical.

Post Number: 3
Yes, I want to run 10k daily. Matter of fact, I might run 20k daily.I just got off the phone with a friend who distributes Powerbass where im from.They just came out with the new 4XL 12's. They also just came out with a 12,000 watt amp.So im thinking 4 12's and 2 12,000 watt amps.Ill also be able to get them WAY WAY below msrp.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1233
you are gonna tear your cars electrical apart runing that daily y not get one or 2 good subs running 3k rms its all about the install i promise you you can build a system that your wont be able to sit in the car its so loud with a lot less than 24k rms

Post Number: 4
thats really what im looking for, I want a system where I cant even sit in the car with it half way up, then I feel that it'll be enough.I just dont want to upgrade and still not be satisfied. About 5 months ago I bought 3 Nitro 12's and a Crunch 1500 watt amp.Its loud, loudest in my circle, but still not enough. It also doesnt hit the lows like I want it.
Has anyone ever used Powerbass. My friend been distrubiting powerbass for about 6 years now, and I have to say that its the best bang for your buck.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1146
so your going from 1.5K to 24K?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4261
I think hes been watching to many SMD videos.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1236
how about two fully loaded 18 btls running off 6k thatll bang loud

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 441
^x2

if you got the 4xl 15"s(if they're good idk?) you would only need 10,000wrms....

If you listen to what these guys tell you to do with the money you are willing to spend you wont be able to sit in your car very long.

I only spent like $500 for subs and an amp ad with these guys help it makes most people tell me to turn it down cuz their ears hurt.

if you spend 3x that amount just on subs by listening to what these guys tell you you'll have an insanely loud system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us